These sweet Strawberry Tartlets are made with a crunchy Oreo cookie crust. Each one is filled with a fluffy strawberry mousse and topped with fresh berries. Not only do these mini tarts look pretty, they taste delicious too!
*I am partnering with Dixie Crystals to bring you this strawberry tartlet recipe.
There is something so refreshing about strawberry desserts during the spring and summer months. These mini strawberry pies are one of our all time favorite desserts to make for any event or party.
I love the combination of chocolate and strawberry. So, I decided to give those classic pies a little bit of a twist. An Oreo cookie crust and adding a fluffy no bake strawberry cheesecake filling turned them into an amazing dessert.
Why Make Mini Strawberry Tarts
Strawberry tartlets with Oreo cookie crusts are a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. They are sure to impress your guests with their beautiful presentation and amazing flavor.
- Easy to make. There are a few steps for assembling the tarts, but each one is simple and easy to do.
- Great texture combo. These mini tarts have the perfect combination of crunchy Oreo cookie crusts and a light, fluffy strawberry mousse filling.
- Gorgeous presentation. The bright red fresh strawberries with the dark chocolate of the crusts creates a beautiful contrast. They will definitely stand out on your dessert table.
- Small size. The miniature size of the tartlets makes them a great option for serving at parties or events. It allows guests to enjoy a few different sweet treats.
These mini strawberry tartlets look fancy, but they are quite easy to make. The combo of chocolate and strawberry makes them a great choice for Valentine's Day or Mother's Day.
Gather up a few ingredients and whip up this strawberry tartlet recipe in no time at all. Just give yourself enough time for the creamy strawberry mousse to chill in the fridge for a few hours.
- Oreos - Crushed cookie crumbs and butter make the best crust. It can be used in mini or large tart pans, springform pans, and pie plates. Don't like chocolate? Go ahead and use Golden Oreos instead.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - When beaten with powdered sugar, it creates a light fluffy homemade whipped topping.
- Strawberries - Wash and hull fresh strawberries before pureeing and adding to the filling.
- Plain Gelatin - Used to help set the cream cheese filling and give it a fluffy, firm consistency.
- Cream Cheese - One block of full fat cream cheese creates a cheesecake like filling that is light and fluffy.
- Sugars - You will need powdered sugar to make whipped cream and granulated sugar to sweeten the mousse filling.
How to make Strawberry Tartlets
This recipe for strawberry tartlets is quick and easy to make. Trust me, you'll want to make it for every occasion this summer.
- Bake the Oreo cookie crusts. Crush Oreos (with filling) in a food processor and mix with melted butter. Spoon into 6 mini tart pans with removable bottoms. Bake for 8 minutes and let cool to room temperature.
- Make whipped cream. Beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Puree strawberries. Add fresh sliced strawberries to a food processor and pulse until pureed. Stir plain gelatin and boiling water until dissolved. Add to the strawberries and pulse again.
- Make the strawberry mousse. Beat the softened cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the strawberry mixture and mix again.
- Assemble the tarts. Fold the chilled whipped cream into the filling gently. Spoon into the cooled tartlet shells.
- Chill and serve. Place the tarts in the refrigerator for a few hours, so the filling has time to set and firm up. Remove from the pans and decorate with strawberry roses and mint leaves right before serving.
See the Full Recipe
I am sharing the full ingredient list and directions for this strawberry tartlets recipe over on Dixie Crystals site.
Keep the mini tarts in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will prevent them from drying out or absorbing any other flavors or odors. Add the toppings just before serving, so they look and taste their best.
When stored properly in the refrigerator, strawberry tartlets can last for up to three days. However, the longer they are stored, the softer the crust may become.
For best results, it's recommended to enjoy the tarts within 1-2 days of making them.
Tips and Tricks
- Use other fruits. Change up the mini tartlets by trying other fruits. Raspberry, cherry, blackberry, or blueberry would all be delicious.
- Change it up with a different crust. Try a Golden Oreo crust or a graham cracker crust.
- Use other pans. Use a 9 inch tart pan for one large dessert or a small mini tart pan for 12 tiny tarts.
- Chill before serving. The filling needs time to set up. So, make sure you allow extra time in the fridge before serving them to your guests.
- Skip the plastic wrap. If you try to wrap these little desserts with plastic saran wrap, it will stick to the filling.
A tartlet is a small, individual-sized dessert. It is usually made with a pastry crust and a sweet or savory filling.
Tartlets are usually baked in small tart pans, which can be made of metal, ceramic, or silicone. They can have a variety of shapes, such as round, square, or rectangular.
The easiest way to remove the stem of a strawberry is to use a plastic drinking straw. Press it firmly into the bottom of the berry and push the stem out the top. You can also use a paring knife to remove the stem and center.
Yes, the filling needs time to chill and set. So, these are a great dessert to make up to 24 hours ahead of time.
If you do not have the small tartlet pans, use a large 9-inch tart pan to make one large dessert. You can also use a muffin tin with liners to make 12 smaller tarts.
More Strawberry Desserts
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*Dixie Crystals sponsored this recipe and post. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. Thank you for letting me share products and brands that we use and love. See my disclosure policy for more information.*
**We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com .