Chocolate rice krispies, peppermint M&M’s, and peppermint marshmallows come together in one easy treat. These Peppermint Mocha Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect afternoon pick me up.
I’m not quite sure what I am going to do when December is over. I have been going a little over board on the peppermint treats this month. You don’t mind though, do you?
So far the only one in my house that minds all this minty goodness are my jeans. I have been trying to cut back on what I munch on. And I am doing pretty good…for this time of year anyway. It is hard to resist everything when every place you turn there is chocolate peppermint fudge, cookies, or goodies.
I need to start thinking what my new baking obsession will be for next month. For some reason I start to crave coconut everything when January hits. This coconut cream fruit dip and some fresh fruit is always a great way to start.
I think it is me trying to think tropical while all the snow is blowing around me.
But for now I am going to keep embracing all the peppermint treats while I can still buy them.
Have you been able to find the peppermint M&M’s? I have to admit I kind of love them! White chocolate and peppermint in white and red candy shells…yeah, they are hard to resist.
I bought a bag of those and a bag of peppermint marshmallows, and then they just sat there on my counter for a few weeks. The other day I had a crazy craving for rice krispie treats, and I knew right away that I wanted those krispie treats to have a fun coffee house taste to them.
By adding a little bit of instant coffee to the melty marshmallows and stirring in peppermint M&M’s and marshmallows, you get the taste of a peppermint mocha drink in a krispie treat form.
Now if you are one of those people that doesn’t like coffee in everything, that’s ok. Just leave it out and enjoy a chocolate peppermint treat. It works either way. But I just love the hint of coffee that you get from these, so coffee was a must use in mine.
These peppermint mocha rice krispie treats are perfect for munching on while drinking a cup of coffee. Double the caffeine to get all the holiday baking, shopping, wrapping, or whatever done.
- 1 - 10 ounce bag regular mini marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons instant coffee
- 5 cups chocolate rice krispie cereal
- 1 cup mini peppermint marshmallows
- 1 1/4 cups peppermint M&M candies
- In a large sauce pan combine the regular marshmallows and butter. Stir over low heat until melted and creamy.
- Stir in the instant coffee until dissolved. Add the cereal and stir until completely covered.
- Stir in the peppermint marshmallows and M&M's quickly. Pour the mixture into a buttered 9x13 baking dish. Press a few extra M&M's in the top of the treats.
- Use a piece of waxed paper to gently press the mixture into the pan. Do not press too hard or your treats will be hard.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Makes 24 rice krispie treats. Store in a sealed container.
*If you do not like coffee flavored treats, feel free to leave the coffee out.
*You can also use any flavor M&M if you cannot find the peppermint candies.
More fun and easy peppermint treats to enjoy: