Pumpkin Caramel Latte Donuts: coffee, caramel, and pumpkin in one sweet little baked donut. These are a great fall breakfast treat when paired with a cup of coffee.
The weather is slowly getting cooler here and the days are getting shorter.
I know the calendar doesn’t say it is fall yet, but it is starting to feel like it around here.
Fall is my absolute favorite season. So even though I hate to say goodbye to summer, it is refreshing to say Hello to Fall and some of my favorites again.
Here are just a few I came up with…
1. The fashion aspect. Gotta love layering scarves, boots, jacket, cardigans all with your favorite pair of jeans.
2. Bonfire season. We loving hanging out with our friends, and roasting smores.
3. Changing leaves. Who can resist the charm of a brilliantly colored tree? Can we say photo opps???
4. Leaf jumping. It’s all about the photos people!
5. Apple Picking and Cold Apple Cider. There is something about eating a fresh picked apple on a crisp autumn day. And yes, I like my cider freezing cold…non of that warm stuff for me.
6. Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks. They know how to get me every year.
7. Crisp Mornings. Even better when you can stay snuggled under the warm covers for just a little bit longer.
8. Fall Festivals. Love hanging with the family while shopping for knick knacks.
9. Hay rides out to the pumpkin patch. I love doing this each year, even if my kids think they are getting too big to do it.
10. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin…
Pumpkin Caramel Latte Donuts
Once the calendar turns to September, I go a little bit crazy with the pumpkin baking. I don’t know why, but I never bake pumpkin stuff any other time of year.
So I try to get as much in before fall leaves. Last week we had Pumpkin Caramel Latte Donuts for breakfast. And now you can too.
Happy Fall! What are you looking forward to most???
Pumpkin Caramel Latte Donuts recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup caramel baking bits
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cooled coffee
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a donut pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and instant coffee together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg, milk, pumpkin and sour cream and mix until creamy.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until all combined. Stir in the caramel bits by hand.
- Fill the donut cavities just over halfway. I found this much easier to put the batter in a piping bag or a plastic bag with a big corner cut off. Bake for 9 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool the donuts in the pan for 3-4 minutes. Carefully loosen the edges of the donuts with a knife. Do not wait too long because the caramel will start to stick to the pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Stir together the powdered sugar and cooled coffee. Dip the top of the donuts in the glaze.
- Set on wire rack over wax paper until set. Store in a loosely sealed container. The glaze will start to soak into the donuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 343mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g