Spicy Bacon and Cheese Pinwheels: These easy rolls are filled with three kinds of cheese, bacon, and spicy green chilies. Perfect for snacking on after school or while watching the big game.
"What's for dinner?"
We hear that question without fail every single day right after school. Most of the time we haven't even pulled out of the parking lot yet.
Our kids are definitely in the "hungry all the time" stage. All the sports and activities has them burning off the food that they are consuming. So, I have to have something ready for them to eat after school that can hold them off until dinner is ready.
Most days we tell them fruit or veggies, but then there are days when I have have fun and make things like these Blackberry Brie Bites for them to munch on while doing homework. That is if I don't get to them first. Mmmmm those Brie Bites are so good!!!
These pizza rolls are a fun snack and so easy to make. One way I like to keep them simple is by using a roll of refrigerated pizza crust. Open and spread out...that's my kind of crust.
Melted butter and Parmesan cheese gets spread over the crust. Then mix together your favorite cheeses, bacon, and green chilies. I used a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar cheese because that is what was in our fridge that day, but feel free to use any kind.
Now for the tricky part. Rolling it up without everything falling out. My advice is to start on the longest side and go slowly and evenly. Yes, some of the cheese and bacon will fall out. It's ok, just keep rolling.
Cut the roll into 12 even slices and place them side by side in a buttered dish. I used a 9x13, but just so you know you will have some room at the end of the dish. Now here is where you can add the fallen cheese and bacon back in. Press it gently into the rolls that are in the pan. When you are satisfied with how they look, pop them in the oven for 20 minutes.
Ooey, gooey cheesy goodness in just mere minutes. Who needs dinner when there are rolls like this around?
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust (Pillsbury 13.8 oz.)
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 - 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- ½ cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll the pizza crust from the can. Press out evenly. Spread the butter all over the top. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Mix together the mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, green chilies, and bacon. Spread over the top of the crust.
- Roll up from the longest side. Go slowly and evenly so the filling stays inside.
- Cut into 12 - 1 inch slices. Place in a buttered 9x13 baking dish side by side.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.