These Blueberry Coconut Granola Bites are easy to make and taste delicious. Little granola bites are a healthier way to enjoy a treat when you are craving something sweet.
A few weeks ago we headed out on week long cruise with our kiddos. Getting away some where warm was just what we wanted when the temps at home were only in the teens or lower.
Of course weeks before vacation, I was trying to watch what I was eating and doing some sort of exercise each day. I made up for that by eating everything and anything I wanted on the cruise.
Hey, it's a floating buffet...why not enjoy it, right?
Of course, after a week of indulging, the scale was not my friend. I have hidden it in the back of the bathroom closet until further notice!!!
And I have been hitting the gym for some cross fit work outs with my cute hubby. Although, I learned a few valuable lessons this week while trying to keep up with the boys.
1. Don't rush the workout just to keep up with the boys.
2. Jump higher than the box when you do box jumps.
3. Hitting your shin in the middle of a box jump hurts like you wouldn't believe.
4. Sit down if you ever hit your shin that hard. The trainer at the gym said that there are nerves and blood vessels that run along your shin bone, and a hit to that bone can cause you to pass out. I'm glad he was there to make sure I sat down immediately.
5. Get up and keep going. Don't let a sore shin stop you from finishing! #yougotthis
I wish I had made another batch of these yummy bites to munch on while I propped my leg up when we got home. I was planning on making another batch this week, but I just haven't done it yet. I'm blaming it on the sore shin. Yes, it's my excuse for everything right now.
Ever since I made these Skinny Peanut Butter Granola Bites, I have been hooked on these simple, easy treats.
How to make Blueberry Coconut Granola Bites:
- Melt coconut oil and honey together in a pan over low heat.
- Stir in the oats, coconut, and dried blueberries while it is still hot.
- Press the mixture into am 8x8 pan firmly and let it cool.
- Cut into 16 squares and roll into balls. Or just eat them as squares. It's your call.
Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy
Nothing is worse than hitting your shin like that. Seriously. Granola bites cure any and all ailments, though and these look awesome - pinned!
Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking
A floating buffet... That is WAY too accurate and why I will always have a hard time going on cruises! I'm glad you got away from the winter weather for a while! And boy, these energy bites... I'd eat just as many whether I was on a cruise or at home. Pinned!
Haha! Isn't that best way to think of a cruise? 😉 It was great to get away from the cold and snow for a little bit! Believe me I ate way too many of these little bites of goodness!!!