These easy Monster Energy Balls are a quick and delicious snack! Packed with the amazing flavor of monster cookies, these bite-sized treats are perfect for a quick pick-me-up. Best of all, they're no-bake and packed with protein to keep you fueled all day long.
I was craving monster cookie bars the other day, but this week has been extremely hot here in Florida. When it's over 100° outside I don't want to turn the oven on for anything.
While it may be too hot for traditional baking, that doesn't mean we have to miss out on sweet treats. I decided to jazz up these peanut butter oatmeal balls and turn them into monster cookie dough bites.
Why You Will Love These No Bake Monster Cookies
Enjoy the taste of monster cookies without turning on the oven. These sweet little energy bites are so easy to make.
- Ready in 10 minutes. The mixture comes together in a matter of minutes. Just stir everything in one bowl.
- No oven needed. It's as simple as mixing the ingredients together and chilling it in the fridge.
- Healthy protein bite. This easy treat is made with wholesome ingredients and packed with nutrients to keep you full.
- Very versatile. Get creative with your oatmeal balls and change up the mix-ins. A few ingredients we love are shredded coconut, dried cranberries, and cocoa nibs.
Create these quick and easy monster cookie energy bites using only a handful of basic ingredients.
- Creamy Peanut Butter - Helps to hold the ingredients together. You can substitute your favorite nut butter or cookie butter as well.
- Honey - Sweetens the mixture a little bit and also helps to hold everything together. Maple syrup or agave syrup can also be used.
- Oats - I prefer to use old fashioned oats or rolled oats for these bites. They are packed with fiber and give a good texture to the balls.
- Vanilla Protein Powder - Adds a boost of protein to the mixture. If you do not have this, leave it out and the cookies will still taste amazing.
- Mix-Ins - We used a combo of mini chocolate chips and M&M's to add some chocolate to the oatmeal balls.
How to Make Monster Energy Balls
Make this delicious monster energy balls recipe in just a few easy steps. Just mix the ingredients, chill in the fridge, and enjoy these protein-packed treats without the hassle of baking!
- Mix together the wet ingredients. Stir together the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Stir in the dry ingredients. Add the rolled oats and salt and mix until a cookie dough forms.
- Add the mix-ins. Stir in the mini chocolate chips and mini M&M's gently.
- Roll into balls. Use a cookie scoop to make 20 bite sized oatmeal balls. Roll and shape them with your hands. Place on a sheet pan and press a few extra chocolate chips and candies on the outside, if you like.
These monster cookie balls will keep for 6-7 days in the fridge. They can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
Tips and Tricks
- Use a cookie scoop. This will make it easier to make all the balls the same size.
- Make them pretty. Press a few extra candies and chocolate chips onto the outside of the oatmeal balls to give them some color.
- Add different ingredients. Instead of candies, use shredded coconut, dried cranberries, nuts, or other dried fruits.
- Turn them into bars. Press the mixture firmly into an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate 30 minutes, then cut into small bars.
No, you can use quick oats as well. We just usually keep rolled oats in our pantry, and we like the bigger texture. If you use quick oats, you may want to use a little less.
Feel free to use any other nut butter or cookie butter in place of the peanut butter.
Go for it. You feel free to use whatever candy, dried fruit, or nuts that you have on hand.
No, they hold the shape if you keep them in a container on the counter. They are really delicious cold from the fridge though.
More No Bake Snacks
- Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles
- S'mores Granola Bars
- Classic No Bake Cookies
- Salted Caramel Greek Yogurt
- No Bake Homemade Granola Bars
- Apple Nachos
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*This post was first published August 2018. It was updated and republished August 2023.