Two times the chocolate makes these Chocolate Mocha Muffins the perfect breakfast choice to get you going in the morning. Grab a cup of coffee and a muffin before heading out the door.
A few weeks ago my daughter and I went out on a shopping date. We try to go out every couple weeks just the two of us. The plan is that she can stop at any store she wants, and we usually get a Salted Caramel Mocha Latte for our shopping energy.
On these dates, I am not allowed to go into the stores that I normally would go into. Although, as she has gotten older, she usually likes the same stores I do.
When she was little, she would head right for Justice, but now we head to Target, Ulta, and the mall.
We had a blast going through the clearance racks, found a few tops, and some fun nail polish colors without breaking the bank.
After a couple hours of wandering and laughing, we headed home. Our van was outside of Kohl’s, so we were cutting through the store to get there when I kind of wandered off the path toward some clearance racks.
Those clothes were telling me to come see them! It was clearance after all!!!!
How to make Chocolate Mocha Muffins:
Preheat the oven and line your muffin tin with cupcake liners. You can skip this step, but make sure you spray your pan with nonstick spray if you go this route.
Beat the butter and sugars until fluffy. Then add the egg, vanilla, and sour cream and beat it again.
Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk and coffee. Do not over mix the batter. As soon as it is all mixed together, stop beating the batter. This will keep the batter light and fluffy and your finished muffins soft and tender.
Stir some of the chocolate chips into the batter. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and then sprinkle the tops with the remaining chocolate chips before baking.
Let the baked muffins sit in the pan for a few minutes after they come out of the oven. Then gently remove them and place them on a wire rack to cool before diving in.
So, you better listen and make some Chocolate Mocha Muffins for breakfast today. You know they are talking to you too!
More breakfast recipes you may enjoy:
- Chocolate Banana Marble Muffins – swirls of banana and chocolate in every muffin make these a favorite with kids
- Chocolate Mocha Donuts – soft fluffy donuts loaded with chocolate chips and a sweet coffee glaze are great for breakfast
- Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls – easy no yeast rolls with chocolate cream cheese frosting and chocolate chips.
- Raspberry Ricotta Breakfast Cake from Saving Room – berries make this fluffy cake a great breakfast option
- Breakfast Fruit and Yogurt Pizza from Oh Sweet Basil – crunchy granola crust, fruit sauce, and fruit make this a fun breakfast pizza
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Chocolate Mocha Muffins recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place 16 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- Beat the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the egg, sour cream, and vanilla and beat again until creamy.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add them alternately with the milk and coffee, beating slowly. Do not over beat.
- Stir in 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips by gently. Spoon the batter evenly into the cupcake liners.
- Sprinkle the tops of the batter with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool in the pan for 2-3 minute, and then place them on a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container.
*Place a muffin in the microwave for 5-10 seconds for that fresh from the oven taste.
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan (2, STANDARD)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.