Is it a bad thing that all I want to eat all week long are things completely not good for me. You know things like cookies, candy, truffles, cheesecake, fudge, and brownies?
Dinner? Who wants that when I can munch on cookies.
Don't look at me like that! You know that's all you want to eat too! It is Christmas week after all.
I'm pretty sure that the amount of butter and sugar we are going through over here is not good for our health.
But hey, January is just around the corner, and then I will start my same resolution of working out more and eating less sugar.
Ha! Me eat less sugar? That's a good one!!!
I promise this is the last eggnog recipe of the season. I tend to get obsessed with a flavor and try to make it into about a billion different recipes
before I get tired of it and move onto the next flavor.
These muffins were yummy and not at all over the top. My oldest son absolutely loves eggnog, and he gave these muffins two thumbs up!
I'm thinking I need to make these one last time before I start thinking bad thoughts about the eggnog.
Christmas morning it is!
Eggnog Crumble Muffins recipe:
For the Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
For the Crumble topping
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 16 cupcake liners in muffin tins.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk the eggnog, eggs, and oil in another bowl.
- Pour the eggnog mixture into the flour and stir until combined. Stir in the white chips. Fill liners ⅔ full.
- Stir together the crumble ingredients until well combined. Sprinkle each muffins with topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when touched. Remove and let cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.