You have to try our irresistible Chocolate Zucchini Cream Cheese Muffins! They are packed full of gooey chocolate chips and a lusciously creamy cheesecake center. Don't miss out on this heavenly treat!
Of course, I couldn't let the summer go by without chocolate coating some greens for you. Since I've made and devoured this chocolate zucchini cake and these zucchini brownies, I can't get enough of adding zucchini to my chocolate goodies. It's so delicious!
This week I made a muffin with a cheesecake center, combining cheesecake and chocolate into breakfast. My inspiration for today's chocolate muffins came from these carrot cheesecake muffins. I changed the shredded carrots to shredded zucchini and added some cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
After eagerly waiting for the first batch to cool, I finally sunk my teeth into a few zucchini muffins. I am pleased to report that this muffin makeover was a huge success.
Why You Will Love These Zucchini Cream Cheese Muffins
These chocolate muffins have a creamy cheesecake center and are loaded with melty chocolate chips and shredded zucchini.
How to Make Chocolate Zucchini Cheesecake Muffins
- Shred your zucchini using the fine side of a hand grater. Most of the time, you will not need to squeeze the extra water out of the zucchini. But if your zucchini is extra juicy, I would quickly squeeze it over the sink before adding it to the batter.
- Mix the oil, sugars, vanilla, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and add that alternately with the buttermilk until everything is mixed.
- Stir in the zucchini and some mini chocolate chips gently.
- Spoon the batter evenly into 18 greased muffin pan cavities.
- Mix your cheesecake filling and spoon half of it into a ziplock baggie. Cut one corner off and sink it into the center of each muffin.
- Squeeze the cheesecake into the center of each muffin. Refill your baggie with the rest of the cheesecake and add a swirl to the top of each muffin.
- Sprinkle the edges of the muffins with the rest of the mini chocolate chips before baking them. This makes these chocolate zucchini muffins look like bakery-style muffins.
More Chocolate Zucchini Recipes
- Chocolate Zucchini Donuts
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Doughnut Muffins
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and then a review in the comments section below.