You look like you could use some sugar. Maybe some Hot Chocolate Cheesecakes would satisfy that sugar craving?
I’m sure that is what you need.
Winter is my enemy and I have been drinking lots of coffee and hot chocolate to stay warm. My body is not loving this 12* stuff. I know it could be a lot colder, but come on spring. Please hurry here.
So while I am on this hot chocolate kick, I thought it would be fun to switch out the sugar in my basic cheesecake recipe for hot chocolate mix.
Word to the wise…DON’T try to use a diet hot chocolate mix. That batch didn’t taste so great! I also thought it would be a good idea to try to make these skinny-ish! Again a bad idea!! Maybe it was the diet hot chocolate mix, but the fat free cream cheese and fat free sour cream DID NOT bake up good at all. So, I went full fat for these Hot Chocolate Cheesecakes, and they came out just perfect.
Some things aren’t meant to be fat free. I’m pretty sure cheesecake is one of those.
Cheesecake is definitely a favorite around our house. I gave up all thoughts of dieting when these hot chocolate cheesecakes were in my fridge. Yes, I have will power issues. The cheesecake wins every time.
Chocolate, cool whip, sprinkles…I couldn’t resist them. If you make them cupcake size, you don’t feel as guilty eating them. At least that’s the story I tell myself as I head to the gym again.
Creamy cheesecake that tastes like a cup of hot cocoa?
Why yes, you do want some of these in your fridge!!!
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 - 8 ounces packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup dry hot chocolate mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup Kraft mini marshmallow bits
- 1/4 cup colored sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place 15 cupcake liners in 2 muffin pans.
- Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Divide the mixture evenly into the bottom of the liners and press down. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and hot chocolate mix until creamy.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and flour and beat again until mixed. Spoon into cupcake liners. Bake for 22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan 2-3 minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool completely. Refrigerate. Just before serving top with Cool Whip, sprinkles, and mini marshmallow bits.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 425 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 69mg Sodium: 426mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 35g Protein: 6g
Looking for more Cheesecake recipes for your Valentine’s parties and dinners…
check out a few of our family favorites.
These Triple Chocolate Cheesecakes will definitely satisfy that chocolate beast in you.
When I want a light dessert with less calories, I make up these No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Cups.
Butterfinger Mousse Cheesecakes are a great way to use up leftover candy.