Mini Butterfinger Cheesecakes are an easy treat to make using a cupcake pan. Each one is topped with a creamy peanut butter mousse and candy bar pieces. They are the perfect dessert for any occasion.
It's no secret that we love to make cheesecake around here. Sometimes there is just not enough time to make a full sized cheesecake. That's when I pull out the cupcake pan and make mini cheesecakes.
I mean what's not to love about a mini cheesecake loaded with lots of candy bars. Am I right?
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Sometimes you want a dessert that is easy to make and doesn't take much time. Most cheesecake recipes are complicated and can be time consuming to make.
These mini Butterfinger cheesecakes are the perfect solution. The batter is easy to make, and they can be made in a cupcake pan. Plus, who doesn't love peanut butter and chocolate?
Each one is topped with a creamy peanut butter mousse and lots of candy bar pieces, so they will definitely impress your guests.
What You Need
Here are the basic ingredients that you will need to make this Butterfinger cheesecake recipe.
For the Crust
- Chocolate Graham Crackers - Gives the cheesecakes a sweet chocolate and graham flavor. You can also use an Oreo crust, if you prefer that instead.
- Sugar - Melts and helps to hold the crumbs together as they bake.
- Butter - Holds the crumbs together in the cupcake liners.
For the Cheesecakes
- Cream Cheese - Set out 2 blocks of full fat cream cheese ahead of time.
- Granulated Sugar - Sweetens the filling and helps to smooth out the cream cheese as you are mixing it.
- Eggs - Holds the ingredients together and adds moisture to the batter.
- Sour Cream - Adds a slight tang to the cheesecake batter.
- White Chocolate Chips - Sweetens the filling and gives it a nice creamy white chocolate flavor.
- Butterfinger Candy Bars - You can crush whole or mini Butterfinger bars into small pieces, or you can buy a bag of the Butterfinger bits if you can find them in the baking aisle.
For the Mousse
- Cream Cheese - You will need one block of full fat cream cheese.
- Peanut Butter Chips - Melt these in the microwave before mixing into the mousse. It gives it a sweet peanut butter flavor.
- Cool Whip - Adds a fluffy and light texture to the peanut butter mousse. You can also use a double batch of this homemade whip, if you prefer that instead.
- Butterfinger Candy Bars - More candy bar pieces on top really makes these cheesecake bites stand out.
How to Make Butterfinger Cheesecake
These Butterfinger mousse cheesecakes can be made in just 40 minutes using a standard cupcake pan.
Make the crust. Use a food processor to crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Stir the sugar and melted butter into the crumbs. Fill each liner with a generous scoop of the chocolatey graham goodness and press it down firmly. A tart shaper works great for this.
Mix together the cheesecake filling. Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Mix in the melted white chocolate, sour cream, and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time and beat just until mixed in. Gently stir in the chopped Butterfingers.
Bake and cool the mini cheesecakes. Spoon the cheesecake batter onto the crust and bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove and let cool. The centers may fall slightly as they cool.
Make the peanut butter mousse. Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Melt the peanut butter chips in the microwave and mix that into the cream cheese. Fold a container of Cool Whip and more candy bar pieces into the mixture to create a light fluffy mousse.
Decorate and serve. Pipe or spoon the mousse onto the chilled cheesecakes and top with more candy bars.
Keep the finished cheesecakes in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Set the cream cheese out ahead of time. Room temperature cream cheese is much easier to mix into a creamy batter.
- Use a food processor to crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs. If you do not have one, crush the crackers in a ziplock bag using a rolling pin.
- Use cupcake liners for quick clean up. This also makes these easier to share at parties.
- Keep the cheesecakes from cracking. by place a pan of water on the very bottom rack of the oven as it preheats. This creates a steamy atmosphere in the oven which helps the cheesecake bake creamy and moist.
- Let the cheesecakes cool completely before adding the peanut butter mousse.
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Milky Way Cookie Bars
- Pecan Cheesecake Pie
- Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.