We love a good hot chocolate any time of the year.
But when the temperatures reach 100*…
a HOT chocolate just isn’t going to cut it.
Cold hot chocolate’s are pretty good,
but sometimes you just want more to bite into.
I always associated fudge with Christmas…
it seems like growing up that was the only time I ever ate it.
But now I think we need to have fudge more often.
So, to combat my craving for hot chocolate and to get more fudge in my diet,
I decided to combine the two together.
And the cookie crust, well it had nothing to do with either…
it just happened.
This just might be my favorite fudge right now.
Soft and marshmallowy…sweet and crunchy…chocolatey and creamy!
Oh, fudge, now I’m craving it all over again:-)
And of course I never did buy another mocha packet.
This could be bad…
For the Crust
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Mocha Layer
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup hot chocolate mix
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 1/2 c. miniature marshmallows
For the Vanilla Layer
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
- Line an 8x8 pan with wax paper or foil.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and the melted butter in a bowl and press into prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the white chocolate chips, butter, salt, condensed milk, and marshmallow cream for the mocha layer. Stir over medium heat until everything is all melted.
- Stir in the hot chocolate and instant coffee until dissolved. Let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the marshmallows and pour over the crust. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine the white chocolate chips, butter, salt, condensed milk, and marshmallow cream. Stir over medium heat until melted.
- Let cool 5 minutes and pour over the mocha layer. Refrigerate until set. Cut into 36 squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.