This Party Peeps Eclair Cake Cups recipe is a fun and easy no bake Easter dessert. Layers of funfetti pudding and graham crackers in little jars are sure to be please everyone.
My mom used to put marshmallow Peeps in our Easter basket every single year when I was growing up. The one thing that she always did was open the package and divide them between five kid’s Easter baskets.
Now you know the problem this presents, right? There was always green Easter grass stuck on the sticky parts of the Peeps. The other problem with an open package of Peeps? They get stale.
Now trust me that is NOT a problem for me because Peeps are the best once they get stale. I have been known to open a package of marshmallow Peeps, and then shove them in the back of the cupboard for a few weeks before devouring them. Best thing ever!!!!
Don’t get me wrong, I like them soft and squishy out of the package too and top of these Easter Dirt Cupcakes.
A few years ago, I noticed that Walmart had a few new Peep flavors to choose from. I saw these bright blue chicks, and I was smitten with the pretty color.
They are party flavored and have some fun, glittery sugar colors sprinkled on them.
The party ones are still available, but they are white with the sparkly flecks of color in them now. Honestly, any color of marshmallow Peeps will be so cute on these eclair cake cups.
I brought them home, and there they sat until the day I decided to make some pudding cups for our kids. But not just any pudding cups. These are a fun variation of the popular no bake eclair cake.
Hello, Party Peeps Eclair Cake Cups! Say that 10x fast!!!
In order to get the cake batter flavor, I added a whole cup of the dry party chip cake mix into some instant vanilla pudding. I wasn’t sure how adding dry cake mix to pudding was going to turn out, so I had to take a big bite. For product review, of course!
The pudding tasted just like cake batter!!! You know you all lick your bowls clean when you make cake, too. The best part of this pudding is that you don’t have to worry about eating raw eggs!
How to make Party Peeps Eclair Cake Cups:
- Whisk together the pudding mix, cake mix, and milk. Let it thicken slightly. Fold in some Cool Whip until it is light and fluffy.
- Layer the pudding and graham cracker crumbs in 16 small 4 ounce Mason jars. You could also layer it in an 8×8 pan if you don’t have that many jars.
- Open the container of chocolate frosting and remove the foil lid. Microwave the container for 30 seconds. Stir until creamy. Top each pudding cup with a large spoonful of melted frosting.
- Refrigerate the eclair cake until set.
- Right before serving swirl Cool Whip on top of the cups and add a marshmallow Peep.
More easy Easter recipes you may like:
- These Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Bunnies will disappear in a hurry when you make them for Easter. Kids of all ages can’t resist a fun holiday treat on a colored stick.
- These chocolate covered Reese’s Cream Eggs are a fun peanut butter treat to make for Easter baskets. They are easy to make and decorate using candies and sprinkles.
- A big bowl of this Easter Popcorn is a fun snack to munch on. Candy and sprinkles give this chocolate covered snack mix a fun punch of color!
- Spring Flower Pretzel Bites are the perfect way to welcome Spring into your home. They are also the perfect easy Easter dessert to make with your kids!
- Sprinkles and candies make these easy Easter Rice Krispies Treats disappear in a hurry. These no bake treats never last long in our house.
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 - 3.4 ounce package instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup dry party chip cake mix (or funfetti)
- 16 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 16 ounce container chocolate fudge frosting
- 16 marshmallow Party Peeps
- Whisk together the pudding mix, cake mix, and milk for 2 minutes.
- Fold in 3 cups of Cool Whip until light and fluffy.
- Layer the graham cracker crumbs and pudding in 16 small jars.
- Open the frosting and remove the foil liner. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir until melted and pourable.
- Top each pudding cup with a large tablespoon of melted frosting. Refrigerate until set.
- Top with Cool Whip and a marshmallow Peeps before serving.
This can also be layered in an 8x8 baking dish, if you do not want to do jars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 412mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 2gSugar: 42gProtein: 5g
*The post for Party Peeps Eclair Cake Cups was first published on March 19, 2013. The photos and post were updated and republished April 10, 2020.