This easy white chocolate Easter Popcorn recipe is a fun snack to make for holidays. Pastel candies and colorful sprinkles give this Spring popcorn mix a fun pop of color! It's the perfect treat to snack on during movie nights or to give as party favors.
I loving shopping in the seasonal aisle at Target. Recently I was there and I filled my cart with a few bags of fun Easter candy.
After a week of the candy sitting in the back of the pantry, I decided to use a bag of candy in a dessert. At first I was thinking about another version of this Easter fudge.
But then I raided the pantry and found a few bags of microwave popcorn, a bag of white chocolate, and lots and lots of sprinkles.
Why Make This Popcorn
This Easter popcorn is easy to make in minutes. All you have to do is pop some popcorn seeds and melt some chocolate. The hardest part is waiting for everything to set up.
Each bite has the perfect sweet and salty flavor and is loaded with candies and colorful sprinkles.
What You Need
Chocolate covered popcorn is an easy treat to make when you need a sweet snack in a hurry. This fun bunny bait comes together in no time at all.
- Popcorn - Pop your own seeds or make a bag of microwave popcorn.
- White Chocolate Melts - My favorite melting chocolate is Ghirardelli. They melt so smooth and taste amazing.
- Sprinkles and Candies
How to make Easter Popcorn
With just a few easy steps, you can be munching on a big bowl of this bright and colorful white chocolate popcorn.
- Stir together the popcorn and marshmallows in a large bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate according to the package directions. Pour it over the popcorn and stir until everything is coated.
- Quickly pour the mixture onto a wax paper lined tray. Add sprinkles and candies and toss again.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to help the Easter popcorn mix harden faster. Break it apart if needed and store in a tightly sealed container or bag.
BRUCREW TIP: Make sure you remove any un-popped kernels before adding the melted chocolate, so you do not break a tooth when snacking on this sweet and salty popcorn.
I prefer to use Ghirardelli melts when making chocolate covered snack mixes. They taste amazing, and they also melt easily in the microwave.
You can also use almond bark or white chocolate chips. Add a little bit of shortening or coconut oil to help it melt easier.
This white chocolate covered popcorn is best the day you make it. It will still taste amazing a few days later, but it starts to soften over time. Keep it in a very tightly sealed bag or container.
You sure can. This easy snack mix is freezer friendly. Place it in a freezer safe bag and seal completely. It will keep in the freezer for 1-2 months.
More chocolate popcorn
Other Easter dessert recipes
- Easter Dirt Recipe
- Easter Bark
- Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Bunnies
- Easter Bunny Chex Mix
- Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- Amish Peanut Butter Eggs
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*The post and recipe for Easter Popcorn was first published on April 2011. It was updated March 2019 and republished March 2021.