This easy no bake Pumpkin Toffee Angel Food Cake can be ready in no time at all. Let everyone think you slaved all day on dessert.
*Today I am partnering with Sara Lee to bring you this recipe for National Angel Food Cake Day.
It's time to celebrate. Get out the party hats and the streamers. Oh, and don't forget the cake. We most definitely need cake because every food holiday needs a cake to be involved. Am I right?
I absolutely love all these fun food holidays that someone decided to add to the calendar. I am all over any reason to make and eat more cake.
Sara Lee contacted me recently about trying their new angel food cake because we needed to celebrate this holiday. This is a new product for them, and it is making its way into stores nationwide. You should be able to find it in the freezer section of your grocery store.
This cake couldn't be any easier to serve. Thaw it in the package, then slice and serve. My family enjoyed snacking on one of these delicious cakes one night after dinner. With only 130 calories per serving, you can snack knowing your sweet tooth is being satisfied without extra calories.
My husband loves angel food cake. He will often bring home one of those cakes from the store bakery that is covered in some sort of whipped frosting. Yes, even with all the treats that come out of my kitchen, he still goes for these cakes.
So when I started thinking about how to make a fun, new treat using the Sara Lee Angel Food Cake, these covered cakes came to mind. I wanted to make something that my husband would love because he is my favorite. But to make it even more decadent, I filled it with a no bake pumpkin cheesecake filling and covered the entire thing with Cool Whip. A few sprinkles of pumpkin pie filling and toffee bits finished it off.
This pumpkin toffee angel food cake looks fancy enough to serve at any dinner party. Everyone will think you worked so hard on it, but you and I both know it can be made in no time at all. Let's let them keep thinking you slaved all day on it. It will be our little secret. Wink, wink!
Connect more with Sara Lee:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ package instant white chocolate pudding (3.4 oz)
- ¼ toffee bits + extra for topping
- 1 Sara Lee Angel Food Cake, thawed
- 1 container Cool Whip, divided (12 oz.)
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, yogurt, pumpkin, and spice until creamy. Set aside.
- Whisk together the milk and ½ package pudding mix. Add to the cream cheese mixture and beat again. Fold in 1 cup Cool Whip and the toffee bits. Refrigerate 30 minutes to thicken.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the angel food cake in half horizontally. Spread the filling on the bottom half of the cake. Place the other half on top. Cover the entire cake with the rest of the Cool Whip. Use the back of the knife to pull out peaks on the cake. Sprinkle with the extra toffee bits and pumpkin pie spice. Keep refrigerated. Slice into 12 pieces.
*BruCrew Life received product and compensation to create this recipe. All opinions are 100% my own.