Two times the peanut butter candies make these soft Banana Reese’s Cookies a delicious choice for the cookie jar.
(photos updated June 2016)
PIN IT NOW TO SAVE THE RECIPE FOR LATER!
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 - 8 ounce bag Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Minis, cut in half
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons Reese's Pieces, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cake mix, butter, banana, vanilla, and salt until a soft and sticky dough forms.
- Stir in 1 cup peanut butter cups halves and 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces very carefully.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to an hour and then drop 24 spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Use your fingers to form into a ball.
- Press the remaining peanut butter cups and Reese's Pieces into the tops of the dough balls.
- Place the cookie sheets in the oven bake for 11-12 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then remove to a sheet of parchment paper on the counter to cool completely. Store in an air tight container after they have completely cooled.
*The original recipe called for regular peanut butter cups chopped up, but those break apart very easily in the cookie dough. When I redid the recipe and photos, I used the minis because they stir in better. Either one is fine and tastes great.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 96 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 81mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Protein: 1g