Three kinds of peanut butter goodness makes this Reese’s Popcorn an unforgettable snack mix. It’s great for munching on for movie nights or for packaging in gift bags for holiday presents.
There is a debate that goes on in our household every year about this time. The question we ask while we eat Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies and pull out the Christmas decorations is “what color lights will go on our tree this time?”
Unfortunately, I am the only one in the family who wants a tree with just white lights. This makes me the bad guy as we pull down the boxes from the storage space.
This year my husband decided that he wanted to put white lights on the tree and then put the colored lights on too. Now in my head this sounded like a bad idea, but there was no way that I was going to admit that to him.
We put the white lights on the tree first, and then I went to get the colored strand when my hubby stopped me. He was only half kidding about putting both sets of lights on the tree. The other half of him just wanted to see if I would concede to his colored light request!
I earned major bonus points for actually being willing to go through with something that I wasn’t entirely happy with it. Go me!
My snowman tree is very happy with this decision too because it was getting scared of a huge colored mess being draped on the branches!
Speaking of a huge colored mess…how would you like some Reese’s popcorn to munch on? Chocolate, peanut butter, candy…more chocolate!!!
Oh, yeah! This peanut butter popcorn has it going on!! Any treat that consists of THREE chocolates and THREE kinds of Reese’s gets an A+ in my dessert book.
This easy snack mix is definitely going on my Christmas treat list this year because I can’t wait to make another batch with our whirly pop popcorn maker.
How to make Reese’s Popcorn:
- Mix together the popcorn, cereal, and marshmallows in a large bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate melts according to the package directions. Pour over the popcorn mixture and stir until everything is coated.
- Stir in the Reese’s peanut butter cups and Reese’s Pieces, then pour the mixture on a wax paper lined tray and let set.
- Drizzle the top of the Reese’s popcorn with the melted peanut butter chips and the melted chocolate chips. Let set, then break into chunks!
More Reese’s dessert recipes you may enjoy:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies
- Ultimate Reese’s Cheesecake Brownies
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Chocolate Reese’s Cheesecakes
- Reese’s Fudge
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Connect more with Inside BruCrew Life!
Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag your photos with #brucrewlifebaking, so I can see all the Inside BruCrew Life recipes you are making.
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup Reese's Puff cereal
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup halved mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1 - 10 ounce bag white chocolate melts
- 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mix popcorn, cereal, and marshmallows in a large bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate melts according to the package directions.
- Pour the melted white chocolate on the popcorn mix and toss until everything is coated. Stir in the peanut butter cups and Reese's pieces.
- Pour the mixture on a pan lined with wax paper and place in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and break into chunks.
- In another microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening. Heat until melted. Do the same for the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the melted chocolates into two ziplock baggies and cut one tip off.
- Drizzle the popcorn chunks with the melted peanut butter and chocolate chips. Let set again. Store in an air tight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 6g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
(original photo from December 2011)
*This post contains affiliate links. Inside BruCrew Life receives a very small percentage of sales made from these links. Thank you for supporting us and letting us share products we love.