Are there days you crave cake? Maybe you want brownies? No wait, you really want a big piece of cheesecake. Today you can have all three with these Cake Batter Cheesecake Brownies.
I am having a hard time believing that this week is really May. That means summer is seriously just around the corner. I am so not ready to be seen at the beach or the pool. (Brownie Batter Popcorn anyone?)
The other day I was cleaning my closet and putting away the sweaters in totes for next fall. Behind all the sweaters was a pile of shorts…I just looked at them and then pulled the door closed quickly. I briefly thought about trying some on…you know for motivation. But then I realized I didn’t want to be sad the rest of the day.
So, what did I do?
I bakedsome brownies. Oh, but not just any brownies. We had a package of the Party Cake Oreos. Those went into the brownies. Now I could have stopped there and the brownies would have been awesome, but this is me we are talking about 🙂 How long have you been reading my blog? You know what’s coming next right? I decided to make a cheesecake layer for the brownies. But not just any cheesecake layer. This one got loaded with some funfetti cake mix. Cake batter flavored things might be my new obsession now.
Now I know what you are thinking. What possesses someone to make such a crazy dessert? It might scare you to know what kind of concoctions I have floating around in my head and on notes. I love layers in my desserts, and I love texture. These brownies have all of that covered. They are fudgey with a light creamy cheesecake, and they have a crunch from the cookie baked into it.
These definitely won’t help with that shorts goal I have, but hey, summer is still a month a way. We have plenty of time…
Go ahead and make some dessert to celebrate spring or a birthday or better yet…save the recipe and make it for your mom. This would be the ultimate party cake dessert to say thank you to your mom this coming Mother’s Day.
- 1 - 9x13 box brownie mix
- 1 package Oreo cookies (Birthday Cake Oreos)
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup dry funfetti cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package. Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan.
- Place the Oreo cookies on top of the batter. Cover the cookies with the rest of the brownie batter. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and cornstarch until creamy.
- Add the milk, egg, and vanilla and beat again. Slowly beat in the cake mix. Gently pour the cheesecake on top of the brownies. Bake for 45-50 minutes. It might look undone, but cheesecake always sets up after cooling. Do not over bake.
- Let cool completely. Cut into squares and top with Cool Whip and sprinkles before serving.
Feel free to use your favorite kind of cream filled cookie if you can't find the Birthday Cake Oreos.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 139 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 101mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 14g Protein: 3g
More Cheesecake Bars to help you celebrate: