I am so excited that it is now officially Fall.
The weather has even been cooperating for the most part. We have been enjoying some cool and rainy days. Now I am just waiting for the leaves to start turning beautiful colors. Throw in a bonfire and it will be just about perfect.
My kitchen is all about the fall smells too. Pumpkin baking is something I look forward to each fall.
I have a twinkie pan that has been collecting dust in my cupboard, so I figured it was time to put it to use. Don’t worry I washed it first. LOL!
I also have multiple cans of pumpkin just waiting to be used.
So chocolate covered pumpkin twinkies it is.
For the Twinkies
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
For the Cinnamon Marshmallow Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
For the Topping
- 1 - 16 ounce package chocolate coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Twinkie pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, buttermilk, eggs, oil and flour. Mix on low speed for 1 minute. Add the pumpkin and beat on medium speed for 2 more minutes.
- Spoon batter into pan. Do not fill more than 1/2 full. Bake for 14 minutes. Cool in pan for 2-3 minutes, then carefully remove from pan. Finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Cream the butter, cream cheese and vanilla for 2-3 minutes. Add the fluff, salt and cinnamon and beat again.
- Slowly add the flour and powdered sugar until all incorporated and thick. Add the milk and beat on medium high until creamy.
- Use a piping tip to fill the twinkies in 3 different places with the frosting.
- Melt chocolate in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Drop twinkies one at a time into the chocolate, use a spoon to cover the entire twinkie, then carefully pick it up with an angled spatula or fork.
- Tap the spatula gently on the side of the pan to remove the excess chocolate.
- Place on wax paper to set. After you have finished dipping all the twinkies, drizzle the tops with the leftover chocolate.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
**You could also just bake them as cupcakes for 20-22 minutes. Cool. Scoop out the center. Fill with frosting and then spoon some melted chocolate on top.
- Wilton 2105-4619 Despicable Me Minions Cake Pan, Metallic
- Bakers Joy Cake Pan Spray 2 Pack
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Candy Melting Wafers, 30 Ounce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 433 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 168mg Carbohydrates: 55g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 46g Protein: 5g
*This post contains an affiliate link. We may receive a small percentage from sales through these referral links. Thank you for letting us share products we love this way.