This Fiesta Nacho Chicken Casserole recipe is cheesy, spicy, and so delicious. Your family will love the Mexican twist on this easy chicken and biscuit dinner.
There is something about cold, chilly days that just call for comfort food. Am I right? I grew up in the northeast and then lived for many years in the midwest, so I remember plenty of cold and snowy winters.
I have to admit that I do not miss that chilly winter weather at all. Living in the south has completely spoiled me.
Now that I am used to warm temperatures, the cold just does not agree with me. Not that it ever agreed with me, but now it bothers me even more.
My idea of enjoying the cold is turning down the air conditioning and breaking out the sweatshirts, then making lots of soups and melty cheese casseroles to warm me up.
I made this chicken and biscuit casserole a few years ago, and our boys still beg me to make it from time to time.
It’s safe to say we love our cheese!!!
A can of fiesta cheese soup mixed with tomatoes with green chiles and shredded chicken creates an easy chicken pot pie like filling.
How to make Fiesta Nacho Chicken Casserole:
- Whisk together a can of nacho cheese soup and milk.
- Stir in a can of drained tomatoes, shredded cooked chicken, cilantro, and some cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a greased dish and bake.
- Remove the pan and top with quartered biscuits.
- Sprinkle on more cheese and bake again.
We like to serve this chicken casserole with green onions and cilantro. Here are a few other garnishes that would be great on it.
- Black Olives
- Save time by using an already cooked rotisserie chicken. Canned chicken or grilled chicken could also be used.
- If you are not a spicy food lover, use a plain cheese soup and regular diced tomatoes.
- Use the smaller refrigerated biscuits on top of this chicken casserole. You could use the bigger ones, but you will need to cut them up a little bit more, so they bake all the way through.
More easy chicken casserole recipes you may like:
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Mexican Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Lasagna
- Chicken Supreme Pasta Bake
- Monterey Chicken Enchiladas
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 10 3/4 ounce can condensed Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 can tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced cilantro +extra for garnish
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
- 2 - 7.5 ounce cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1 diced green onion
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the soup and milk. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, cilantro, and 1 cup cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish. Bake 20 minutes.
- Quarter the biscuits while the mixture is baking. Drop the biscuits on top of the hot mixture as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake another 20 minutes. Garnish with green onion and cilantro. Serve immediately.
*You can also use a plain cheese soup and regular diced tomatoes if you want to make it without the fiesta flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 630Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 1285mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 7gSugar: 10gProtein: 32g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
The post for Fiesta Nacho Chicken Casserole was first published on January 28, 2014. The photos were updated February 2017, and the post was republished on February 20, 2020.