Frosted Animal Cookie Muddy Buddies: White chocolate covered Chex cereal coated in crushed animal cookie crumbs and lots of sprinkles. You might want to make a double batch of this. One for you and one for everyone else.
So, I found out a piece of interesting information. If you let your driver’s license expire more than 6 months, they make you take a written test again.
How do I know this? Well…let’s just say mine has been expired for a while. And by a while, I really mean more than a year. Now before you give me grief, I honestly didn’t know it was expired for about a year. I know, I know. I should keep up on these things more. But in my defense I haven’t been stopped for any driving offenses, so I’m thinking this is good track record.
Now the last few months…yeah, I might have known, but I didn’t do any thing . But last week we bought a new (to us) vehicle. The guys in the auto dealer might have given me a hard time about it. Plus, with our loan I now have to get it updated.
So, I went in to get it taken care of. Yeah…I didn’t get it done that day because I’m a little nervous about taking the written drivers test. Seriously! It has been a long time since I have taken one.
I’m going to need lots of chocolate covered treats to help me study through this stuff again. Last year I made a Chocolate Chip Cookie Muddy Buddies that I couldn’t stop eating. Cookie crumbs and melted chocolate is always a good idea.
They are so cute. Just think of all the things you could fill them with. M&M’s, mints, and lots of muddy buddies.
*You can use the code BRUCREW to save 20% off your order if you want to make fun paper crafts or cards.
This Frosted Animal Cookie Muddy Buddies is so easy to make. I like to make a big batch of it because the three kids in my house devour it. Ok, fine. I’m usually the guilty culprit that munches on way too much of this.
Four ingredients is all you need to have this snack mix in your house. Five counting the extra sprinkles. 1 box of Chex cereal, 1 bag of frosted animal cookies, 1 package of vanilla CandiQuik, and powdered sugar needs to go on your shopping list this week.
Crush just enough cookies to make 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Extra sprinkles are a must. Stir them into the crumbs too.
Melt the CandiQuik according to the package directions. Pour it over the cereal and stir it to coat everything. Now you can either spoon the mixture into a big ziplock bag or a container with a lid. Shake the cookie crumbs and sprinkles over the cereal, then add a little bit of powdered sugar and shake again. Pour it onto a tray and let it set.
Break up the extra cookies and toss them with the muddy buddies. Then get ready to munch your way through the whole batch!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 9 cups Chex cereal (14 oz. box)
- 2 - 10 ounce bags white candy melts
- 1 - 13 ounce bag Frosted Animal Cookies
- 1/4 cup rainbow nonpareil sprinkles
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Crush enough frosted animal cookies to make 1 1/2 cups crumbs. Stir in the sprinkles and set aside.
- Melt the white melts according to the package directions. Pour over the cereal.
- Place the cereal in a very large ziplock bag or container with a lid. Pour the crushed cookie and sprinkles over the top. Close the bag or container and shake until everything is covered.
- Open and add the powdered sugar. Shake again. Pour out onto a tray to let set.
- Break the remaining frosted animal cookies into chunks. Stir into the muddy buddies. Store in a sealed container.
- Ninja Blender/Food Processor with 450-Watt Base, 48oz Pitcher, 16oz Chopper Bowl, and 40oz Processor Bowl for Shakes, Smoothies, and Meal Prep (QB1004)
- Ghirardelli Chocolate White Malting Wafers, 30 Ounce
- Wilton 710-772 Rainbow Nonpareil Food Decorative Tools, 3-Ounce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 279 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 159mg Carbohydrates: 57g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 31g Protein: 1g
More fun and delicious snack mixes to munch on:
*I am a studio member for We R Memory Keepers/Lifestyle Crafts. I am sent products in exchange for sharing fun projects on my blog. No other compensation is given. All opinions are 100% my own.