This Oreo Banana Cream Pie Pizza is a fun dessert to surprise your family with on Friday night pizza night. Cookies, banana, and pudding takes this pizza crust to new levels.
*Make sure you sign up for the BruCrew email…enjoy these recipes each morning in your inbox.*
Friday nights are almost always pizza and movie night in our house. My husband and his brothers used to own a pizza place years ago. And they grew up eating homemade pizza from their parents. So most of our pizza nights start with us making homemade pizzas too. It is such a fun tradition to continue with our kids.
We aren't complete pizza snobs though...there are those buy days where it is just easier to pick up a hot one from a pizza place in town.
Homemade pizza dough really isn't that hard at all. Which reminds me...I still need to share my hubby's pizza dough recipe here. It's so easy, even I have made it without fail.
But a pizza crust in a can is perfect for busy days or when you want dinner in a hurry. One of my favorite quick pizzas is this Southwest Ranch Chicken Bacon Club Pizza. Everyone can put their own toppings on if they like.
But the biggest way I use those pizza crusts in a can is for dessert. This Apple Biscoff Crumble Pizza never lasts long when I make it here. The ripe bananas on the counter were challenging me to find a new way to use them this time.
Somehow a package of Oreo's made it through without one of the kids finding them. Hot fudge and cookie crumbs added to the top makes this an impressive looking dessert pizza. It kind of resembles a banana cream pie, but not really.
Bake and cool the crust first. Whisk together the pudding while it cools. You can keep this layer in the refrigerator until the crust cools completely. Do not put the pudding on a hot crust! Unless you like melty pudding messes!
Then all you do is layer everything onto the crust. Spread half the pudding and cover it with sliced bananas and cookie chunks. Spread the rest of the pudding on top. Add a small layer of Cool Whip to even it all out. Drizzle the hot fudge and sprinkle some cookie crumbs to finish it off. Easy peasy, right?
Dessert pizza needs to become part of our pizza night tradition for sure...
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 - 3.3 ounce box instant banana cream pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 3 ripe bananas
- 7 Oreo cookies
- 2 Tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Completely bake the crust 12-14 minutes or according to the package directions. Let cool completely.
- Whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Fold in 1 cup Cool Whip. Spread half the pudding over the cooled crust.
- Top with sliced bananas. Crumble 6 of the cookies into large chunks and sprinkle around the banana slices. Gently spread the remaining pudding mixture over the bananas and cookies.
- Gently spread 1-2 cups of Cool Whip over the top. Drizzle with warm hot fudge. Crush the last cookie and sprinkle on top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour before serving. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
A few more fun dessert ideas for pizza night: