Oreo Truffles inside Peanut Butter Cookies are the best way to enjoy two snacks in one. Peanut Butter Oreo Truffle Cookie Cups will be your new best friend!
Last week two of our children were having fun with their friends.
That left our youngest munchkin all alone!
We had to do something, so he could have some fun too.
1. Dinner date to Golden Corral…it is his absolute fav!
Not sure why, since all he eats is a cheese plate and gummy bears.
You think I’m kidding…but his plate consists of shredded cheese,
mac and cheese, and cottage cheese. And yes, that is pretty much
all he eats.
2. Shopping spree in Target for both of us. I walked out with some new capris
and he got a new pack of Pokemon cards.
3. Bake up some fun cookie mashups.
Isn’t he just the cutest little helper ever???
We decided to make our favorite Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies with a fun twist.
Now usually I plop a candy bar down in the middle of these,
and that just makes them so perfect, BUT…
we didn’t have any of those!
But, I did have Oreo cookies and cream cheese!
Since Oreo truffles happen to be a favorite in our household too, we decided they would be perfect for the center of the cookies!
I put my son to work crushing the Oreo’s in the food chopper,
while I got out all our ingredients.
He also rolled most of the truffles.
I love how much easier it is to bake with my kids now
that they are older and follow directions so much better!
(I just helped a little…mostly making them smaller)
Once we got the truffles finished we baked up the cookies
in mini muffin pans.
**quick tip – don’t forget to sprinkle the tops of your truffles
with some crushed oreo crumbs while they are still WET.
But if you do, just grab a blow dryer and very carefully heat
the top and sprinkle away! Just speaking from experience. LOL!
You were just waiting for that inside shot, right???
Absolutely TO. DIE. FOR.
Peanut butter and Oreo is one of my fav combos! (We loved it so much that we made these Peanut Butter Oreo Cupcakes too!)
These cookies are a great way to get the best of both cookies!
These peanut butter Oreo truffle cookie cups were so soft and delicious!
I just couldn’t stop eating them!
This is probably why I am not shrinking on my workouts.
Let me tell you, these were totally #worthit !!
- 1 - 16 ounce package Oreo cookies, crushed (reserve a few Tbsp. for the tops)
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 - 10 ounce bag dark chocolate melts
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the crushed Oreos and softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Cream until fully incorporated.
- Roll into 48 small balls. (about the size of a large whopper candy) Place on a wax paper lined tray. Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, stirring often. Using a toothpick, dip the Oreo truffle completely. Set on the wax paper to dry and sprinkle with the reserved Oreo crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Slowly start adding the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Roll the dough into 48 balls. Roll in the remaining sugar.
- Place in the muffin pans and bake for 8-9 minutes.
- As soon as you pull the cookies from the oven, place a chilled Oreo truffle in the center and press down very gently.
- Let the cookies cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then gently remove to a wire rack to cool. Once the chocolate on top has melted slightly, sprinkle with extra crushed cookie crumbs, if desired.
- After they have cooled slightly, transfer to a plate and refrigerate to set completely. Keep refrigerated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g