The creamy spiced cold foam on this Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew tastes just like the coffee shop version. Save money and time by making this Starbucks copycat recipe in your own home.
Raise your hand if you have enjoyed a pumpkin cream cold brew and pumpkin scones from Starbucks yet. I am right there with you. There have actually been multiple trips to taste that amazing pumpkin spice drink. Mostly for research, of course. Wink, wink.
The problem with going to coffee shops all the time is that it can get expensive. So, I wanted to find a way to make and enjoy a pumpkin cold brew at home.
I love trying to come up with copycat recipes for my favorite drinks. This Starbuck matcha green tea recipe and this frozen caramel coffee have been on repeat all summer.
Why You Will Love this Coffee
It is made with real pumpkin puree since it is a pumpkin drink. Pumpkin spice in the foam and on top helps to give it more pumpkin flavor.
You can prep the cream ingredients ahead of time, so it is easy to whip one up when you are craving a pumpkin cream cold brew.
The best part of making this drink at home is that you can make it without all the sugar. Oh, yeah! This pumpkin cream cold brew is delicious, and it is sugar-free and dairy-free.
What is a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew?
This season pumpkin drink that has layers of iced cold brew coffee topped with a pumpkin cold foam that is dusted with pumpkin spice.
If you love hot coffee drinks, be sure to try this white chocolate latte instead.
This easy pumpkin cold brew copycat recipe is so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. I did modify the ingredients that you will find in the original Starbucks drink to make it sugar free and dairy free.
- Milk - For this drink, you want a milk or cream that will froth well. I prefer to use the Silk dairy free half and half. It is very low calorie and low carb, which is why I prefer that over anything else!
- Pumpkin Puree - make sure you buy puree, NOT the pumpkin pie mix. The mix has added spices and sugars in it.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - the spices in this will give your drink the fall flavor
- Sweetener - In order to keep this drink sugar-free, use monkfruit sweetener in the foam and a splash of sugar free vanilla syrup in the cup of cold brew coffee. Regular sugar works too, but affects how the half and half froths.
How to make a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
To save time making this pumpkin cold foam coffee, I like to keep a container of chilled cold brew coffee in our fridge. It's easy to make your own if you have time, or you can buy your favorite brand in stores. I like the taste of STŌK and Starbucks cold brew.
- Pour the Silk half and half, monkfruit, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice in a mason jar. Stir gently to mix it all together. Place the lid on and shake slightly.
- Chill the pumpkin cream until ready to use. Be sure to gently shake the jar before using the cream.
- Froth ¼ cup of the cold pumpkin cream.
- Add ice to a glass and pour in sugar free vanilla syrup and cold brew coffee leaving room for the cream.
- Pour the frothed pumpkin cream on top of the cold brew coffee and enjoy.
- Adding syrups or other regular sweeteners to the Silk half and half affected how well it frothed. A little bit of monkfruit did not affect the foam.
- Regular half and half works too, but it will be higher in calories, and does NOT froth as well. A mixture of heavy cream and 2% milk will froth better than half and half, but will be higher in fat.
- If you like, you can also use maple syrup or agave syrup in place of the sugar free vanilla syrup in the cold brew coffee.
- Serve a batch of the best pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with these pumpkin cold brew.
Tools to make Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam
Milk Frother - A stand alone milk frother with an option for hot or cold works great. We have the Nespresso one, and I love it.
Handheld Frothing Wand - These are super inexpensive and work well to froth warm or cold milk.
Blender - Pulse the pumpkin cream until it is foamy and thick.
Jar - put a lid on it and shake, shake, shake. This option will not give you as much foam, but it works in a pinch.
Other Copycat Recipes
- Chick-fil-a Frosted Protein Lemonade
- Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin
- Disney Cookies (Jack Jack Num Num Cookies)
- Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats
- Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Disney Dole Whip Recipe
- Salted Caramel Mocha
- Banana Twins
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
I've been looking for cold brew, and was hoping you had some recommendations?
My two favorites are STOK and Starbucks unsweetened cold brew. I hope that helps and you are able to find one of them.
Love all things pumpkin, but I follow a Keto lifestyle & a Diabetic Meal Plan. Can I make this with 1/2 Heavy Whipped Cream 1/2 water instead of half & half?? What are your thoughts? Thanks 🙏 🤩
I'm not sure how the heavy cream will froth when/if mixed with water. I have made the pumpkin foam with heavy cream as well, and it's just thicker. I hope you enjoy it!
Out of curiosity, do you use granular or liquid monkfruit?
I use a granular monkfruit, but liquid would work too if that's what you have already.
This was such a good recipe thank you!
How long do you think the leftover stays good in the fridge for?
Thanks in advance!
I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I have made the pumpkin cream and had it in my fridge for 5-6 days, and it was still good.
This was delicious! So easy and quick to make! Thank you for sharing!
How do you just make one?
Once you make the pumpkin cream, you can just make one coffee at a time. I keep the pumpkin cream in a jar in the fridge. When I want one, I froth 1/4 of the cream and add it to 1 cup of cold brew sweetened with 1 tablespoon vanilla syrup. I hope that helps.
I see that you use the Nespresso frother with sweet stuff. I saw in the instructions that it says to only use milk or a replacement and no syrups because the sweet stuff will ruin the frother. Do you think that is true or just them saying that?
I can't speak for the company, but I have added syrups and sweeteners for years in mine and have not had any issues. I do rinse and clean it after every use though. That's just my personal experience with this particular frother.