This Raspberry Nutella Brownie Cake has layers of brownie, fudge frosting, Nutella mousse, and fresh berries. It is an impressive dessert to share after any meal.
*This post was sponsored by The J.M. Smucker Company. I am partnering with them as a brand ambassador creating recipes from products that they send me.
It’s desserts like these that make me keep going out into our garage gym! The past few months I have been slacking a bit in the early morning work outs. Staying up late at night working on projects has me too beat to do the 6 am thing most days.
But because I like to savor delicious treats…ok, fine, shove my face full of warm triple chocolate cookies…I still make sure I get out and do a work out some time in the morning. Ok, ok, I’m out there by noon most days. Doing some cardio is a nice way to break up the baking.
The other day I decided I really needed to get going in the morning, so I got up and joined my hubby for an early work out. You guys? I think he was punishing me for not getting up early every day! That workout was killer!!
He started out by saying that it would only be a 20 minute workout. That sounded good to me….
Then he said we were doing 5 burpees and 10 kettle bells swings every single minute!!!! My first thought was ok, that’s not going to be bad. Until we were 5 minutes in…and I was wheezing like an old lady!
I thought I was going to die! And trust me, death by burpees is not how I want to go! But the competitive side of me kept me going. I almost kept up with how fast my husband was going. There was only 1 minute that I just had to lie down and breathe.
It’s a good thing I had a hidden slice of this raspberry nutella brownie cake hidden in my fridge. It was the only thing that kept me from giving up completely. I like to eat sweets, therefore I must do killer workouts!
This past few months I have been partnering with Pillsbury to make fun treats from products they send me. This month I got a box in the mail that included brownies and fudge frosting!
Right away I knew I wanted to do some sort of brownie cake with my springform pan. And because my brain is all about the cheesecake things right now, I also knew a no-bake cheesecake mousse would be the perfect compliment.
But what flavor was the big question? I thought about white chocolate and strawberry, but when I walked into the pantry I saw the jar of Nutella first. It was definitely dessert fate!
The three layers of chocolate goodness with the pop of fresh raspberry will make your tastebuds sing! I definitely think it was a well-deserved calorie intake after busting it out at the gym.
Just don’t tell my hubby I ate a big slice…I have a feeling a million burpees would be the punishment for dessert enjoyment!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 (8x8) Pillsbury brownie mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can Pillsbury chocolate fudge frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Nutella spread
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar
- Mix the brownies according to the package directions. Spread in a parchment paper lined 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 27-28 minutes. Remove and place on a wire rack until completely cool.
- Run a knife around the edge of the brownie to loosen it from the pan. Undo the metal ring and remove the brownie. Slide it off the parchment paper back onto the bottom of the pan. Place the metal ring back on the pan.
- Remove the metal liner in the frosting. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until pourable. Spread 1 cup frosting on top of the cooled brownie. Place in the freezer while you make the mousse.
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the Nutella and cocoa powder and beat until smooth. Fold in 2 cups Cool Whip gently.
- Spread the mixture on top of the frosting. Refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving. Top with fresh berries and powdered sugar. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
* I was compensated for my time creating this post as a brand ambassador for Pillsbury. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own.