Layers of strawberry pudding, graham crackers, and strawberry jam makes this Strawberry Shortcake Eclair Cake such a delicious no bake treat. It is the perfect dessert to satisfy that sweet tooth when you are short on time.
I had a version of this dessert on a cruise years ago. I’m not quite sure of what it was made of, but it reminded me of eclair cake with a strawberry twist.
Our Walmart carries an instant Strawberry Creme Jello Pudding Mix that I knew would work perfectly for this cake. If you can’t find that pudding, use instant vanilla pudding and a little bit of strawberry Jello powder.
Most eclair cakes have a melted frosting that gets poured on top, but I wanted another layer of strawberries to make this dessert stand out. Simmering strawberries with a little bit of sugar makes a thick jelly.
It was a delicious way to top off this easy no bake cake. It also totally added to the strawberry shortcake look!
Stay up to date on all the BruCrew baking here:
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant Strawberry Creme Jello pudding mix (see note below)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 1 box graham crackers
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Whisk together the instant pudding and milk. Fold in 1 cup Cool Whip.
- Place a layer of graham cracker in the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Spread half the pudding on the crackers.
- Cover with another layer of crackers. Add the rest of the pudding over the middle layer of crackers.
- Top with one more row of crackers. You may need to break some into small pieces to cover all the pudding. Place in the refrigerator.
- Place the strawberries and sugar in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until it gets thick, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool. Spread over the top of the mixture in the pan and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Top with more Cool Whip and extra strawberries before serving.
- If you cannot find the instant strawberry pudding, use an instant vanilla pudding and a few spoonfuls of strawberry Jello gelatin powder in vanilla pudding. Stir to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
More strawberry recipes that our family loves: