The creamy layers in this No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie will have you reaching for another slice in a hurry. This easy no bake pie will get smiles from everyone.
Chocolate and peanut butter are my kryptonite. I can be doing great with working out, eating right, and making awesome healthy choices. Until I make or encounter something with chocolate and peanut butter in it, then I will be derailed in about .02893844 seconds.
Not that I’m sad about that at all. I mean look at the layers in this peanut butter pie. Yeah, totally worth a day of set backs.
And that’s the beauty of eating right. You can choose to have a day that includes a small sweet treat. It’s all about the choice the next day to eat right again. Nothing is off limits around here.
I don’t know about you, but if someone says I can’t have something, I just want it even more.
Last month around National Pie Day I was listening to the radio as I was driving somewhere. My guess is that it was probably Target again. Anyway, they were talking about their favorite pie flavors.
Of course, anytime I hear people talking about sweets and dessert, my ears perk up a little bit more because my sweet tooth is still large and in charge. One of the guys was talking about his all time favorite pie that had layers of creamy peanut butter and chocolate pudding.
Immediately, my mind went to this White Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Pie and this No Bake Chocolate Cream Pie that I have made in the past. Right away I knew I had to mash them up to make the best chocolate peanut butter pie recipe.
See I told you chocolate and peanut butter goodness gets me every time. This time all I had to do was hear those words, and I was running to the kitchen to make something that included both.
I guess that’s better than running to the store for peanut butter cups. LOL!
The good thing was that our son was flying home for spring break the next day, so I knew I would have help devouring this easy peanut butter cream pie.
Cool Whip vs. Whipped Cream:
I personally like the store bought white stuff, but I also like the homemade whipped cream too.
If you are against Cool Whip, feel free to use a stabilized whipped cream instead. Either one works just fine.
I recommend using 3 cups heavy cream and 3/4 cup powdered sugar and beating that until thick and fluffy. That should give you enough to make the no bake pie and to decorate the top.
How to make a No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie:
Use a food processor to crush the cookies into fine crumbs. Go ahead and leave the cream filling in the cookies because it means we can use less butter in the crust.
Mix the cookie crumbs and melted butter together and press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate the crust while you make the filling.
Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and peanut butter until creamy. Add some Cool Whip and stir until light and fluffy. Spread in the bottom of the crust.
Whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Let it set up until it is nice and thick. Fold in more Cool Whip and stir gently until mixed in. Spread this evenly on top of the peanut butter layer.
Cover the top of the pie with more Cool Whip and refrigerate until chilled through.
Drizzle melted peanut butter and hot fudge over the top of the pie. Use a piping bag and icing tip 1M to swirl Cool Whip around the edges of the pie. Top with mini Reese’s Pieces and mini peanut butter cups.
More chocolate peanut butter dessert recipes you may enjoy:
Layers of fudge and candy make this easy Reese’s Ice Cream Cake a stunning dessert for any party!
These soft and chewy homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies are loaded with candies and chocolate chips.
Swirls of chocolate and peanut butter make these Ultimate Reese’s Cheesecake Brownies absolutely irresistible.
This Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart is so delicious! It’s made with ganache, so it’s super smooth.
The Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake has chocolate and peanut butter frosting AND peanut butter cups. It’s the perfect dessert for chocolate lover’s.
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Be sure to follow us on our social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 20 cookies)
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter + 2 Tablespoons
- 1 - 16 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed and divided*
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons hot fudge
- 1/2 cup mini Reese's Pieces and mini peanut butter cups
- Crush the Oreo cookies with the cream filling still in them in a food processor. Mix together the crumbs and melted butter. Press evenly onto the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1/2 cup peanut butter until creamy. Fold in 1/2 cup Cool Whip gently until light and fluffy. Spread in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Whisk together the dry pudding mix and milk. Let set until thickened. Fold in 1 cup Cool Whip gently until mixed together. Spread the pudding evenly on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip evenly on top of the pie and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Place the 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 15-20 seconds. Stir until melted and creamy. Spoon into a small ziplock baggie and cut one corner off. Drizzle across the top of the chilled pie.
- Place the hot fudge in a small ziplock baggie and cut one corner off. Drizzle across the pie in the opposite directions.
- Fit a piping bag with icing tip 1M and swirl Cool Whip around the edge of the pie. Top with mini Reese's Pieces and mini peanut butter cups.
*Feel free to use stabilized whipped cream in place of the Cool Whip, if you prefer. Use 3 cups heavy cream and 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Beat until stiff.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 7g