This Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is an easy, no bake treat that can be put together in 15 minutes. The smooth and creamy textures make this peanut butter pie with pudding a treat your whole family will love.
About This Recipe
Last month I was listening to the radio as I was driving, and they were talking about their favorite pie flavors. Of course, anytime I hear people talking about sweets and dessert, my ears perk up a little bit more.
Someone was talking about their all time favorite pie that had layers of creamy peanut butter and chocolate pudding. Immediately, my mind went to this Peanut Butter Pie with pudding and this No Bake Chocolate Pie that I made in the past.
Right away I knew I had to combine them up to make a twist on a classic peanut butter pie. If you love peanut butter, you are going to fall in love with this easy dessert!
It was a good day in the kitchen because here is the best chocolate peanut butter pie recipe ever!
The decadent layers in this easy peanut butter pie are so incredible. A crunchy cookie crust, rich peanut butter filling, and creamy chocolate pudding makes this a dream come true dessert for peanut butter lover's.
- Oreo Cookie Crust - Crushed Oreo cookies mixed with melted butter makes this cookie crust so simple to make.
- Peanut Butter Filling - cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter, Cool Whip
- Chocolate Pudding - instant chocolate fudge pudding mix, milk
- Toppings - hot fudge, Reese's Pieces, mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Cool Whip vs. Whipped Cream
I personally like the store bought white stuff, but I also enjoy making and eating this homemade Whipped Cream Recipe too.
If you are against Cool Whip, feel free to use a stabilized whipped cream instead. We have made this peanut butter cream pie with both kinds, and they both taste amazing!
BRUCREW TIP: Whip 3 cups heavy cream and ¾ cup powdered sugar until thick and fluffy. This will give you about 6 cups of whipped cream to use in the layers of this no bake peanut butter pie.
How to make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
This peanut butter cream pie is completely no bake and can be made in just a few steps. It's sure to become a favorite with your family.
Step One: Oreo Cookie Crust
- Use a food processor to crush the Oreo cookies with the cream filling into fine crumbs.
- Mix the cookie crumbs and melted butter together and press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Refrigerate the crust while you make the filling.
Step Two: Peanut Butter Filling
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and peanut butter until creamy.
- Stir in Cool Whip or whipped cream until it is light and fluffy.
- Spread in the bottom of the crust.
Step Three: Chocolate Pudding
- Whisk together the instant pudding mix and milk.
- Let it set up in the refrigerator until it is thickened.
- Fold in Cool Whip and stir gently until mixed in.
- Spread this evenly on top of the peanut butter layer.
Step Four: Decorate
- Cover the top of the pie with Cool Whip and refrigerate until chilled through.
- Drizzle melted peanut butter and hot fudge over the top of the pie.
- Use a piping bag and icing tip 1M to swirl Cool Whip around the edges of the pie.
- Top with mini Reese's Pieces and mini peanut butter cups.
- Use peanut butter Oreos or Nutter Butters to add peanut butter flavor to the cookie crust.
- Want a crunch in your peanut butter filling? Use crunchy peanut butter.
- Have a nut allergy? Use cookie butter in place of the peanut butter.
This Reese's peanut butter pie keeps very well in the fridge or freezer.
Refrigerator - Cover the pie lightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for a few days.
Freezer - Make sure to cover the pie tightly before placing in the freezer to keep it from getting freezer burned. It should keep for 1 month. Remove the pie from the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving. It can also be thawed in the refrigerator overnight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is peanut butter pie gluten free?
Use gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies for your crust to make this a gluten free dessert.
Can I make this peanut butter pie in a square cake pan?
Yes, this recipe can be made in an 8 or 9 inch square pan.
Can this pie be made ahead of time?
This peanut butter pie is best served the day it is made, but it can be made 24 hours ahead of time if needed.
Can I use natural peanut butter?
Natural peanut butter is not recommended because it can cause the filling to separate and become greasy. Skippy, Jif, Peter Pan, or Reese's peanut butter is the best option.
More chocolate peanut butter dessert recipes
- Reese’s Ice Cream
- Reese's Pieces Cookies
- Reese’s Cheesecake
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Other desserts with pudding
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
This would’ve been 10 times quicker if you had advice to make the pudding layer first and let it sit. Definitely need some more than an hour and a half to make this recipe the way you have it written
I'm not sure what you are talking about. Did you use an instant pudding mix? If so, it sets up in just minutes.
Can I use homemade chocolate pudding in this recipe?
I think that would work just fine. I hope you enjoy the pie!
How much of the cool whip or whipped cream is added to each layer? Is it 2 cups each? Thanks
No, the numbered instructions (#4,#6,#7) tell you how much gets added to each part of the pie. I hope that helps and you enjoy the pie!
I used only an 8 oz container per pie. Your recipe calls for a 16 oz. I made ,4 pies for Easter to give to 3 different families and ended up with 2 extra 16 oz containers after buying 4. I ended up giving those containers away because I lack room in my freezers.
An 8 ounce container is not enough to make the pie and to decorate the top with swirls. The reason the recipe calls for 16 ounces is because half goes in the pie and then you use the rest to add large swirls around the very top. If you are skipping the decorations, then yes an 8 ounce would be fine.
The chocolate and peanut butter combo is fabulous! I added a little espresso powder to the chocolate pudding layer and used a prepared crust to save some time. It came together quickly and everyone loved it. Will definitely make again.
What is the best way to travel with this? Freeze it beforehand. It will be on the road for about an hour. From licking the bowls I can already tell this is going to be amazing. I used gluten free cookies. Will let you know how that tastes. Thanks!
If you can place it in a cooler with a freezer pack, it should be fine for an hour. I hope you enjoy it!
Rachel @ Queen Of Constance
Made it for a birthday dessert, very successful. Your recipes (I’ve tried at least five so far) are so clear and thorough that even someone like me who tends to bumble around the kitchen can create a high-quality, professional dessert like this one!
I'm not a baker but recipe is so simple, i really love it.
Thank you for sharing.
The best flavor combination ever! This is a dream!
Maria A Lanum
Does the cream cheese give the Peanut butter layer a sour taste?
I didn't think it did, but I guess it depends on if you like the flavor of no bake cheesecake. The peanut butter layer tasted sweet to me because of the sugar and Cool Whip in it. I hope that helps.
So good!! Those layers are just perfection!
I am loving all the layers in this pie! So delicious!
Mouth is waterrrrrring over this delicious recipe! Thanks so much for sharing.
Yes please! This won't last long in my house.
That looks AMAZING! Can't wait to make this!