A cookie crust and white chocolate drizzles makes this Strawberry Shortcake Fudge a fun no bake dessert for any party!
Today is a very special day.
Yes, you get to stare and drool at at this yummy fudge, and wonder why I am so mean every day to torture you with delicious food.
But that isn’t what makes today special. Today we are surprising one of our best blogging friend with a virtual baby shower.
We love you, and we are so excited to help you welcome your sweet bundle of joy into the world. I wish we could all be there in person to give you hugs and yummy treats!
I “met” Mandy about two years ago when I decided to start posting just recipes here on this blog. I think I found her yummy food blog through a link party. She was always so sweet with her comments and made me want to keep coming back to her blog. She also hosts a fun Tuesday link party where you can share your food posts. Make sure you stop in and say hi to her and let her know I sent you.
I had so many ideas on what I should make for the shower today, but I finally decided on some fudge. Because everyone loves a good fudge recipe…and because I bought most of the stuff a while ago. Have you tried the Duncan Hines Frosting Creations yet? They are perfect for mixing into melted chocolate and creating fun new flavors. So far I have made this Mocha Mallow fudge with it and this Caramel Hot Chocolate fudge with it.
Today though, I wanted a fun girly treat. This Strawberry Shortcake fudge turned out so pretty and pink. The perfect treat to share at an all girls get together or an all girls virtual baby shower.
I love how easy this fudge is. You start by melting down the chocolate chips with the butter and milk. Then stir in your flavor and marshmallow cream. That’s it! Of course since it is Strawberry Shortcake Fudge, I had to include a shortbread crust…otherwise it is just plain strawberry fudge. There is nothing wrong with that, but I wanted it to be a little bit fancier to share at the shower. Give it a fun white chocolate drizzle and some pretty white sprinkles for an even fancier presentation.
Word of warning: Don’t let your plate of delicious pretty fudge sit on the counter if you have a dog that likes to steal food. We came home Saturday night and found the empty plate on the floor.
Congratulations Mandy! I can’t wait to see pictures of your new boy or girl.
P.S. If it’s a boy, don’t tell him I made him pink fudge.
- 2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 1/4 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 - 7 ounce jar marshmallow cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons strawberry Jello powder
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Stir until well mixed. Press firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large sauce combine 3 cups white chocolate chips, butter, salt, and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the marshmallow cream and Jello powder. Stir until melted and smooth again.
- Pour the hot fudge on top of the crust. Let set completely in the refrigerator for a few hours. Bring to room temperature before cutting. Cut into 49 squares.
- Place 1/4 cup white chocolate chips and shortening in microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted and smooth.
- Spoon into plastic bag and cut off one tip. Drizzle over fudge squares. Top with sprinkles if desired. Store on the counter in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 171 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 79mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 17g Protein: 2g
Head on over to each of these blogs and see what they made up to share at Mandy’s shower.
I hope you have had breakfast, because I know each of these ladies brought their best yummiest treats for the shower today.
Holly – Life as a Lofthouse – Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Aimee – Shugary Sweets – Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Ashton – Something Swanky – Homemade Pancake Mix
Dorothy – Crazy for Crust – Peanut Butter Cookie Cheesecake Bars
Stephanie – Macaroni and Cheesecake – Slush Punch
Nikki – Chef in Training – Chocolate Covered Strawberry Muddy Buddies
Hayley – The Domestic Rebel – Cake Batter Oreo Stuffed Funfetti Cookies
Stephanie – Back for Seconds – Frosted Cakey Sugar Cookies
Brandi – The Country Cook – Lemon Pudding Cake
Becca – Crumbs and Chaos – Lemon Pudding