This Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake is the perfect dessert for busy holiday nights. Easy, no bake, and full of peppermint goodness makes it disappear in a hurry.
*Be sure to sign up for the BruCrew email to receive these recipes in your inbox each day.
For the past few years I just cannot get enough of the Andes Peppermint Crunch Chips…and this year I am STILL completely hooked on them.
I mean can you tell what my favorite thing to bake with is right now? Just take a look at these Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies, these Peppermint Chip Brownies, and these Peppermint Mocha Cookie Dough Truffle Bars, and tell me what the common theme is.
If you guessed a certain peppermint chip, you win the prize! Ding ding ding!
This peppermint dessert was one that I made a couple years ago for a dinner we had at church. Honestly, this simple little no bake cheesecake got more comments and compliments than anything else I had made, so I couldn’t wait to share this recipe.
But, I didn’t take pictures of the first no bake cheesecake, so I had to wait until I could make another one and do some pictures.
Hooray for a teen progressive dinner because I made another Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake and sent it out the door. Teens don’t mind that you send cheesecake that has been hacked into for picture purposes.
At least that’s what I’m telling myself.
This peppermint cheesecake is so easy to make. It should only take you about 15 minutes from start to finish. It will need a little bit of time in the fridge to set up though.
Supplies needed to make a Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake:
- Oreo cookies
- cream cheese
- Andes Mint Crunch Chips
- Cool Whip
- food processor
- 9×13 pan
How to make a No Bake Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake:
- Break the cookies in half and place them in the food processor. Leave the filling in the cookies!!! I like to use a Ninja Food Processor for this part. The machine does all the work for you in seconds.
- Add melted butter and press the cookie mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, and extracts together until creamy.
- Place the peppermint chips and a little bit of shortening in a microwave safe bowl. The shortening helps to thin the chocolate out a little. It also keeps the chocolate from seizing when you melt it down. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Heat another 15-20 seconds and stir until melted and creamy.
- Pour the melted chocolate immediately into the cream cheese mixture and beat in. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl to get all the chocolate mixed in.
- Fold in an 8 ounce container of thawed Cool Whip gently and then spread the mixture on the prepared crust.
- Cover the cheesecake with more Cool Whip and sprinkle peppermint chips on the top. Place it in the refrigerator for a little while to set up.
More easy peppermint desserts you may enjoy:
This easy Peppermint Cookies and Cream Fudge is loaded with cookies chunks and peppermint swirls. It’s a must make this holiday season!!!
Peppermint Oreo Bark is an easy treat to make. Layers of chocolate and peppermint bits make this sweet candy disappear in a hurry.
A slice of this White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Cake and a cup of coffee is a delicious dessert to serve your holiday guests.
Two layers of chocolate make this Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Fudge a pretty no bake holiday treat for your parties.
Connect more with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #brucrewlifebaking, so I can see all the Inside BruCrew Life recipes you are making.
- 3 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (30 cream filled cookies)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups Andes Peppermint Crunch Chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 - 8 ounce containers Cool Whip, thawed
- Combine the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Refrigerate while making the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and extracts until creamy.
- Place 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat for an additional 20-30 seconds. Stir until melted and creamy.
- Pour the melted chips into the cream cheese mixture. Beat immediately until the melted chips are combined with the cream cheese.
- Fold in 8 ounces of Cool Whip until mixed in. Spoon the cheesecake evenly over the crust.
- Spread the other container of Cool Whip over the top of the cheesecake. Sprinkle with the remaining Andes pieces.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to set up. Cut into 24 squares. Refrigerate in a sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
*The post and recipe for this Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake was originally published on December 15, 2014. The pictures and post has been updated and republished on December 12, 2018.
**This post does contain affiliate links. Inside BruCrew Life does receive a very small percentage of sales made through these links. Thank you for letting us share products we use and love.