When you are too busy to bake, this No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake is the perfect dessert. This holiday cheesecake is easy to make and is full of delicious peppermint flavor. Make sure you get a slice because it will be gone before you know it.
Christmas is my favorite time of year! Seeing all the lights, decorations, and treats definitely puts me in the holiday spirit.
The only problem is that this time of year can also be busy with parties, events, programs and shopping for gifts. It can be hard to get everything done.
I created this fun peppermint cheesecake recipe a few years ago for a church dinner when I was short on time. Honestly, this simple little no bake cheesecake got more comments and compliments than anything else I had made all year. Who knew everyone loved simple, easy desserts the best!
This festive holiday cheesecake is the best dessert to make when you are busy. It is easy to make in minutes, looks amazing, and tastes great!
Why This Recipe Is Great
- This recipe is completely no bake. No need to turn on the oven and heat up your kitchen for this creamy delight.
- A creamy peppermint filling on the sweet Oreo cookie crust gives it a festive holiday taste.
- The pink, white, and chocolate layers make it a pretty dessert to serve at Christmas parties.
- Extra peppermint chips on top give it a sweet crunch.
And the best part is that it can be made ahead of time, so you can have this peppermint Oreo cheesecake in your fridge when you need it.
These peppermint cheesecake bars are so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. It should only take you about 15 minutes from start to finish. Make sure you allow enough time for it to chill in the fridge to set up though.
- Oreo Crust - Using crushed Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter makes a delicious base for this easy no bake cheesecake.
- Cream Cheese - Make sure to set the blocks of cream cheese out ahead of time, so they are easier to whip into a creamy layer.
- Andes Peppermint Crunch Chips - When the chips are melted down and added to the filling, it gives the dessert a pretty pink color and peppermint taste. Peppermint crunch thins or candy cane kisses can also be chopped up and used if you can't find the Andes chips.
- Extracts - A mixture of vanilla extract and peppermint extract balance each other out and keeps the dessert from tasting like toothpaste.
- Cool Whip - Adds a fluffy, light texture to the cheesecake layer. If you prefer, you can also make and use this whipped cream from scratch.
How to make No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
A pan of this easy peppermint cheesecake comes together in minutes. The combination of chocolate and peppermint makes it a great Christmas dessert.
- Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor. I like to use a Ninja Food Processor for this part. The machine does all the work for you in seconds.
- Add melted butter and stir until everything is combined.
- Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Refrigerate while you make the cheesecake filling.
Peppermint Cheesecake Filling
- Beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, and extracts together until creamy.
- Place the peppermint chips and a little bit of shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Heat another 15-20 seconds and stir until melted and creamy.
- Pour the melted chocolate immediately into the cream cheese mixture and beat in. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl to get all the chocolate mixed in.
- Fold in a whole container of thawed Cool Whip gently, and then spread the pink mixture on the prepared crust.
- Cover the no bake cheesecake with more Cool Whip and sprinkle extra peppermint chips on top.
- Refrigerate for a few hours, so it has time to chill and set up.
BruCrew Tip: Want to make it look and taste like a Chick-fil-a peppermint chip milkshake? Stir mini chocolate chips into the filling before spreading it on the crust.
- Leave the cream filling in the Oreo cookies when you crush them. The extra filling works with the melted butter to bind the crumbs together making the crust stay together.
- Line the pan with parchment paper to easily remove the dessert from the pan to make clean cuts.
- Use shortening to thin the peppermint crunch bits as they melt. It also keeps the chocolate from seizing as it heats in the microwave.
- I like to use Cool Whip to keep the dessert simple. You can also use 6 cups of homemade stabilized whipped cream or this peppermint whipped cream.
- Make sure you allow enough time to chill the peppermint dessert, so it thickens to the right consistency.
What if I can't find the peppermint crunch chips?
Andes also makes peppermint crunch thins that are sold at Target. You can unwrap 2-3 packages and chop them into chunks to make your own bits.
Another option are candy cane kisses. These may not give you as bright of a pink color though. Just add a little bit of red/pink food coloring to get your desired color.
How do you store a no bake cheesecake?
The peppermint cheesecake is made with dairy items, so it needs to be kept in an air tight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for 4-5 days, if stored properly.
You can also freeze the cheesecake for 1-2 months. Serve frozen, or thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
More easy Peppermint Desserts
- This Peppermint Cookies and Cream Fudge is loaded with cookies chunks and peppermint swirls. It's a must make this holiday season!
- Peppermint Oreo Bark is an easy treat to make. Layers of chocolate and peppermint bits make this sweet candy disappear in a hurry.
- A slice of this White Chocolate Peppermint Cake and a cup of coffee is a delicious dessert to serve your holiday guests.
- Two layers of chocolate make this Peppermint Oreo Fudge a pretty no bake holiday treat for your parties.
- Oreo cookies and no bake cheesecake make this Peppermint Lush Dessert so pretty and tasty.
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post and recipe for this Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake was originally published on December 2014. The pictures and post has been updated and republished on December 2021.
**This post does contain affiliate links. Inside BruCrew Life does receive a very small percentage of sales made through these links. Thank you for letting us share products we use and love.