Slices of this Toffee Apple Bread and a cup of hot coffee are the perfect way to enjoy some quiet time in the morning or afternoon.
*I am partnering with Crunch Pak apples as a brand ambassador bringing you delicious apple recipes.
PIN IT NOW TO SAVE THE RECIPE FOR LATER!
Something has definitely changed in our household lately. Our kids are ignoring the cookies and treats that I make each day, and my husband has been eating more baked goods than normal.
You guys, it’s crazy weird around here. Not that I’m complaining about our kids not eating sweets…because they are still pillaging the pantry for snack cakes and candy bars. They are just over baked goods, I guess.
The snacking rule after school is a fruit or veggie. They look for every loophole they can use to get around that one. I keep bags of apples and carrots on hand for those munchie moments. These fluffernutter apple nachos are even something I will approve in the afternoon. As long as I can visibly see the fruit or veggie, it’s fair game!
Of course, I did try to sneak some fruit into this sweet bread the other day hoping to tempt them with a sweet baked good. It’s definitely not visible, but there are plenty of shredded apples inside this toffee apple bread.
I like to keep bags of peeled Crunch Pak apples on hand for munching on all day too. They are also perfect for baking with because now I don’t have to take the time to peel each slice. I just drop them in my Ninja food processor peels and all pulse until shredded.
So, did the kids gobble up this awesome bread? Of course not! They took one look and headed to the pantry to smuggle out some chips or cakes. I’m not sure why they didn’t want this bread.
I mean, do you see that layer of toffee brown sugar frosting! I may or may not have been snagging pieces of frosting off the bread throughout the day.
At least my hubby was on board with eating all the apple bread! He said he loves that I have been making some more simple and plain desserts lately. That’s the way he rolls with dessert!
He and I are very different when it comes to dessert. I mean, I took a somewhat healthy toffee apple bread and had to load it with more toffee bits and frosting. It’s just who I am!
Connect more with Crunch Pak:
For the Bread
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Crunch Pak apples
- 1 cup toffee baking bits
For the Frosting
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Beat the yogurt, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until creamy.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and oats in a bowl. Slowly add to the egg mixture until mixed in.
- Stir in the shredded apples and toffee bits gently. Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. A few crumbs is good.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the butter, brown sugar, and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for one minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla and powdered sugar. Let it cool for 2 minutes, then stir in the toffee bits and spread it on top of the cooled bread. Let the frosting set before cutting into slices. Makes 12 slices.
*If the bread is starting to get too brown, cover it with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 6g
More delicious apple recipes that our family enjoys:
*I am part of the Ambassador program for Crunch Pak apples. This post has been compensated, but all opinions are 100% my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information. This post also contains an affiliate link. We receive a very small percentage of sales made through these links. Thank you for letting us share brands and products we know and love.