A hidden chocolate center and fresh berry frosting adds a delicious finish to these Sparkling Cranberry White Chocolate Cupcakes.
Years and years ago I took a cake decorating class with a friend. I was 7 months pregnant at the time, so I’m really not sure what possessed me to waddle into this class. Somewhere along the way I decided that having kids meant I was going to need to make fun birthday cakes every year. So I had to learn sometime.
I learned some easy decorating tips in that first 4 week class, but most of what I have learned about cakes and frosting has been by trial and error. Frosting is really pretty forgiving. If you mess up, you can just scrape it off and start over.
That’s probably part of the reason I gave up my home-based cake business. The perfectionist in me was taking hours upon hours to finish cakes or cupcakes for my clients. I have found that baking for my internet friends is much more relaxing. Plus, these baked goods stay in my kitchen. There is no added stress of hoping the finished product did not get dropped on the car ride to their house.
If you have never decorated a cake or cupcakes before, I have a great resource for you today. These gorgeous cupcakes came from my good friend Lindsay’s book Simply Beautiful Homemade Cakes.
Lindsay is an absolute doll. She is seriously one of the sweetest and kindest people you will meet. I have had the opportunity to meet her a few times, and I just love chatting with her. And her photography on her blog, Life, Love, & Sugar, blows me away every.single.time!!!!! I seriously just sit there and drool over the gorgeous photos that she takes!
When I heard she was writing a cookbook, I just knew it would be fantastic. And her book didn’t disappoint me. The entire book is filled with pretty pictures of the finished products and pictures of how to make it get there. I love all the detailed photos showing you how to apply decorations.
As I flipped through the book, I was having a hard time deciding what to make. I mean, I wanted everything! But as soon as I saw these sparkling cranberry white chocolate cupcakes, I knew these were the ones.
Filled cupcakes are one my favorite things to make. These chocolate pumpkin cream filled cupcakes and these lemon coconut cupcakes are two of my favorites from this year. There is just something so fun about biting into a soft cupcake and finding that hidden center!
Almost everything in Lindsay’s book is homemade, so make sure you set aside enough time to make your treats. But don’t worry about it because her book will walk you through every step and show you how to achieve that pretty dessert.
Here are some tips for making these cupcakes:
- Make your sugar covered cranberries the night before. They need time to soak in the sugar syrup. As you start rolling them in sugar, just use a little sugar at a time. The sugar will start to get clumps from the syrup on the berries.
- Bake and cool your cupcakes. Make sure to test your cupcakes as you bake them. I did 12 cupcakes and it took them 20 minutes in my oven. Once cool, use a cupcake corer to remove the centers because we need room for the creamy center.
- Let the white chocolate ganache set up before filling the cupcakes. If you add it too soon, it will soak into the cupcakes. It should still be soft, but not runny.
- Cook the cranberries in a little bit of water until they pop. Puree the mixture and press it through a fine mesh sieve to remove the peels.
- Assemble the cupcakes and share with friends and family!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
*This post contains affiliate links. Inside BruCrew Life receives a very small percentage from sales made through these links. Thank you for supporting us and letting us share products we love.