These Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes are a refreshing and fruity cupcake to celebrate any holiday with.
I had so much fun creating these Cherry Lime Cupcakes for the last fun blog hop, that I was all in when I was contacted to join in another fun cupcake hop with a giveaway. Make sure you scroll down and check out all of the fabulous bloggers in this Sprinkles will Fly, a Patriotic cupcake event…I know you will be just as impressed at all their cupcakes.
This cupcake party shows you just how pretty your cupcake creations can look with the right wrapper. I received these striped white and red wrappers from Bella Cupcake Couture. So many different cupcake ideas came to mind like these Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes or these Firecracker Cupcakes, but for some reason I am all about the fruit this week. So I decided on a lemon cupcake with a lemon curd filling and a bright blueberry butter cream frosting. I did go simple on you today…box cake mix and a jar of lemon curd from the grocery store. Gotta love the easy factor there right? But the star of this cupcake is the butter cream.
By heating the blueberries with a little bit of water, I was able to create a very simple blueberry “jelly” that I added to butter cream frosting. It made such a pretty frosting color, that I didn’t set up too much of a display for these cupcakes. I used white dishes that I found in my cupboards and some dark blue star napkins from Michaels to show off the cupcakes.
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Bake the cupcakes according to the package directions, using the lemon juice for part of the water. Bake cupcakes for 18 minutes. Let cool.
- Place the blueberries and water in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to stir and to smash all the berries. Keep heating until the berries have softened and the mixture has thickened slightly. Cool.
- Beat the butter, shortening, and salt until creamy. Add the blueberry mixture and beat until completely mix in. Slowly add the sugar until it has all been incorporated.
- Use a cupcake corer or a melon scooper to remove the center of the cupcakes. Fill with lemon curd and top with the blueberry butter cream. Keep refrigerated until serving. Makes 24 cupcakes.
Make sure to check out all the cute cupcake ideas that everyone in the blog party has created. I wish I had one of each to sample.
A Pumpkin & A Princess
Other fun lemon desserts that are great for summer parties: