The hour and 20 minute torture that I have been enduring
this week at the gym has paid off!
I weighed in this morning and woo hoo!!!
4 lbs are gone.
Yup doing the happy dance over here…
the pants that I was hoping to wear
on our big date tomorrow night fit…again!
I just tried them on and
yup more happy dancing
going on in this house!
I just had to celebrate by sharing
some cookie love with you guys!
I only ate one of these delicious bad boys!
Believe me, I wanted more…
but since my pant were zipped
and looked presentable for the public to see…
I resisted the urge for more.
Also it has come to my knowledge:-)
that I have a peanut butter addiction…
and I had to break out of the pb rut
that I had gotten into.
so I resorted back to another yummy addiction…
Plus, coconut reminds me of summer and
since it snowed here again…
I need all the summer time thinking possible!!!
Hope you enjoy:-)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 10 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup Almond Joy Pieces (or M&M's)
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the almonds on a cookie sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally and keep an eye on them because they will burn if you forget about them. Let cool and chop into smaller pieces.
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Mix in egg, milk and vanilla and beat again.
- Slowly beat in salt, baking soda, and flour.
- Stir in coconut, oats, chocolate chips, almonds, and Almond Joy Pieces by hand until combined.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on sheet for 1-2 minutes then remove to parchment paper to cool the rest of the way. Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g