A batch of this Chocolate Cherry Marshmallow Fudge is a delicious treat to make for Valentine’s Day. This easy to make chocolate fudge recipe has little pockets of cherries and marshmallows in it. Make sure you keep some for yourself too.
So I have been holding out on you guys…this chocolate fudge was actually made back in December. Doesn’t it look pretty and Christmas-y? It even got sent out in packages along with some of this Hot Chocolate Fudge to our out of town family.
The problem I have as a food blogger is that I over make for every holiday. Food bloggers you get me, right?
There are only so many days that I can post food. I mean I could post a recipe every day I guess…if I never wanted to sleep or see my hubby and kiddos. So nope, that’s not an option.
As I was setting up my fudge to take pictures, I was mentally thinking about everything else I already had made for the month. There was no way this fudge was going to get posted. And it was way to yummy to wait an entire year to share it.
But candied cherries and chocolate are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat too. So, out came the heart day supplies!
I love using these Treat Boxes to gift fudge in. They are the perfect size to fit 9 good size pieces of fudge. I don’t like wimpy fudge, so I usually cut my batches into 36 squares. You really could do 49. If you are into portion control or something like that.
My hips and thighs wish I would learn about this portion control thing! They are tired of going to the gym and doing crazy WOD’s, only for me to come home and ruin all their progress with Banana Cream Fudge and Peanut Butter Balls.
Anyway, some washi tape and some heart stickers on tags makes this Chocolate Cherry Marshmallow Fudge so fun to share with those you love.
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 cup halved candied cherries + 18 extra cherries for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil.
- Combine the chocolate chips, butter, and sweetened condensed milk in a large sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until melted and creamy.
- Stir in the marshmallow cream and stir until mixed in.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes. Stir in the halved cherries and mini marshmallows into the fudge quickly. Pour into prepared pan immediately.
- Cut the extra 18 cherries in half and press into the top of the fudge before it sets.
- Let the fudge cool completely. Cut into 36 squares. Store in a sealed container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.