The best thing about this Hot Chocolate Fudge are all the toppings. Mini marshmallows and candy canes make this easy fudge recipe a delicious treat for holiday parties. You can also package this fudge in cute boxes to give to family and friends.
Hot chocolate is the perfect drink when it is cold outside. I personally love to drink my hot cocoa with a swirl of whipped cream, chocolate drizzles, and sprinkles or candy cane bits.
The other day I was enjoying a peppermint mocha hot chocolate when all of a sudden I realized those flavors would be awesome in a batch of fudge. I couldn't wait to get in the kitchen and create this fun holiday fudge flavor to share with our friends and family.
Why You Will Love This Fudge
This chocolate fudge is so easy to make without a candy thermometer. Stirring hot chocolate mix into the chocolate fudge gives it a delicious hot chocolate flavor.
Peppermint bits also give the hot chocolate fudge a delicious peppermint crunch. It's a great way to use up all those extra candy canes.
Chocolate drizzles, mini marshmallows, and more candy cane pieces make this fudge so fun. Everyone will be the talking about it at your next party!
This easy chocolate fudge makes a great gift too. Give a box of fudge this season and see how much everyone loves it.
Main Ingredient Notes
You will only need a few ingredients to make this hot chocolate fudge recipe. This easy recipe comes together in minutes and tastes great any time of year.
- Chocolate Chips - For this recipe you will need a bag of chocolate chips and half a bag of white chips.
- Hot Chocolate Mix - You will just be using the dry powder in this fudge. Make sure you stir the fudge long enough for this to dissolve into the mixture.
- Marshmallow Cream - Also known as marshmallow fluff. You can find jars of this soft marshmallow spread in baking aisles or near peanut butter and jelly.
- Candy Canes - Crush the candy canes easily in a plastic bag with a wooden spoon. This candy gives the fudge a great peppermint crunch.
- Toppings - Melted chocolate chips, mini marshmallow bits, and crushed candy canes add a fun flair to this easy hot chocolate fudge recipe.
How to make Hot Chocolate Fudge
This layered fudge recipe takes just minutes to prepare, so you can spend more time enjoying your friends and family during the holidays. Plus, our easy-to-follow instructions are foolproof, so there is no need to worry if you are not an experience baker.
- Stir together butter, chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed in a saucepan over medium heat. Continue stirring until everything is melted and creamy.
- Add the powdered hot chocolate and stir slowly until it dissolves into the hot mixture.
- Stir in the marshmallow cream gently. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Quickly stir in the crushed candy canes and pour the hot chocolate fudge into a prepared pan.
- Stir together butter, white chips, and sweetened condensed milk in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until melted, stirring constantly.
- Add the marshmallow cream and stir until smooth.
- Pour the vanilla fudge on top of the chocolate fudge in the pan.
- Let it cool and set completely before cutting into 36 small squares.
- Drizzle the top of the fudge squares with melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with mini marshmallow bits and more crushed candy canes.
- Let the chocolate set before placing the fudge in a container or box.
Counter - Store the pieces of fudge in a tightly sealed container on the counter for 3-4 days.
Refrigerator - Keep the fudge in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for 6-7 days. FYI: The candy canes may get sticky and gooey when it goes from the fridge to the counter.
Freezer - Wrap the entire block of cooled undecorated fudge in plastic wrap and then in foil. Place the wrapped fudge in a freezer bag or container and freeze for 1-2 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight. Cut and decorate the hot chocolate fudge 1-2 days before serving it.
Treat friends and family this holiday season by giving them one (or two boxes) of this awesome candy cane fudge.
The small square Wilton treat boxes are the perfect size to hold 9 squares of fudge. You can decorate the boxes with colored tissue paper, washi tape, and a holiday gift tag. I found most of these items at Michael's craft store.
Each batch of fudge makes 36 squares, so it will make 4 boxes of fudge to hand out to your friends.
More Easy Fudge Recipes
- Neapolitan Fudge recipe
- Andes Peppermint Fudge
- Banana Pudding Fudge
- Turtle Cheesecake Fudge
- Creamsicle Fudge
- Red Hot Cinnamon Fudge
- Caramel Pretzel Fudge
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.