The sweet chocolate glaze and sprinkles gives these easy baked Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Donuts a fun flair. These are the perfect fall breakfast for any day of the week.
I'm slowly winning my family over to the pumpkin side. You see I love pumpkin treats, so every fall I go a little bonkers in the kitchen making pumpkin inspired goodies. Our oldest son loves pumpkin too, so he and I usually devour said goodies.
But now that he is away at college, it's all up to me to continue the pumpkin fest. My plan is to continue making things like pumpkin Oreo cheesecake and cinnamon roll pumpkin cake until I convert another pumpkin lover.
And my diabolical plan is working! Mwhwhahahah! Yes, that was totally an evil laugh right there. You see, I decided that I needed more pumpkin donuts in my life last week. Let's call it a veggie craving...yeah, that's what it was. Wink, wink!
I have decided to convince my daughter first that pumpkin is amazing. She loves chocolate. I mean she is my daughter after all. So, I added mini chocolate chips and a sweet chocolate glaze to the top of my creation in order to lure her into trying a donut after school.
And it worked!!! She took a bite and turned around with wide eyes and said they were amazing! I then told her that they were pumpkin, and she has decided that she likes pumpkin as long as it has chocolate with it.
Baby steps! I'll get her to a full blown pure pumpkin obsession with a few more treats! In fact, she has already requested another batch of these chocolate chip pumpkin donuts, so I think she is close.
Here are a few tips, so that you can have your own batch of chocolate chip pumpkin donuts today.
- Set your butter out ahead of time. It is so much easier to cream butter and sugar when it is room temperature.
- Do not over beat your donut batter. Just mix everything until combined.
- Spray your donut pan with a good dose of nonstick spray. (I like to use Bakers Joy.) You do not want to leave any part of the donut behind after they bake.
- Fill the donut cavities completely full. This recipe only makes 12 donuts. If it is easier, divide your batter in half before you start filling the pan.
- After the donuts bake, let them cool in the pan for another few minutes. This just gives them time to set up before you lift them out gently with a butter knife.
- Let the donuts cool on a wire rack completely before glazing them.
- Dip the tops of the donuts in the chocolate and add sprinkles while the chocolate is wet. Sprinkles are optional, but really why leave them off, right?
- Enjoy a few of these donuts with a salted caramel pumpkin latte this afternoon. It's a great way to relax.
Looking for more ways to indulge in pumpkin treats? You have to check out a few of these recipes that I found. Look how soft and delicious these bakery pumpkin cookies look. I would love to dunk a few in milk. This pumpkin coffee cake looks like the perfect weekend breakfast! It's a must make for sure. And I am absolutely dying over this death by chocolate pumpkin bread. I need a slice of that goodness in my life ASAP!!!
*This post contains affiliate links. We may receive a small percentage from sales made through these links. As always, these links are free to you and do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products we use this way.
Do you think pumpkin pie spice would work in place of the other spices or would it not go well with the chocolate?
You could definitely use pumpkin pie spice instead of the other spices, if that's what you have on hand. Either one works, I have just found that the pumpkin pie spice isn't as strong as using the other ones together. I hope you enjoy the donuts!