Swirls of brown sugar and spices makes this soft Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Cake a delicious breakfast cake to enjoy with a cup of coffee on a cool fall morning.
Yes, I realize that it is the beginning of August, and I’m shoving pumpkin in your face. At least I held out until the kids went back to school to start my crazy pumpkin baking fest. Now it’s time to #pumpkinallthethings ! Can I get a woot woot?
You guys! This homemade coffee cake is extremely dangerous! Dangerously delicious, that is! I might even go as far as to call it the best pumpkin cake I have ever made.
It’s kind of dangerous to make a “best” claim this early in the pumpkin baking season. I get it. We all have recipes that we think are the best. But just trust me when I say this one is the best.
I mean it is a soft pumpkin cake, swirls of brown sugar, and glaze all in one amazing cake! You can see why I would say it is the best!
Another thing that is dangerous about this Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Cake is that you will want to devour the entire pan in one sitting. Trust me! It could happen. Your jeans might hate you though, so I don’t recommend it.
I cut into the pan trying to find just the right piece to share in photos with you, and all of a sudden two pieces just disappeared. Not the best thing for the healthy eating that I’m trying to do, but oh, my word!!!
It was seriously so good that I just couldn’t stop myself from taking bite after bite!
How to make a Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Cake:
Set your butter and cream cheese out ahead of time, so that it is ready to work with later.
Beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree and beat it again.
Add the dry ingredients and mix it in until a soft dough forms.
Spread half the batter in a greased 9×13 pan.
Mix the filling ingredients together with a fork or a pastry blender. Sprinkle 3/4 of the crumbs on top of the batter in the pan.
Drop the rest of the batter on top of the filling and spread it out very carefully. Try to not disturb the cinnamon layer if you can. Sprinkle the remaining filling on top and spread it out gently. Bake and cool.
Drizzle a glaze on top of the cake before serving.
You will want to get this cake out of your house as quickly as possible. Keeping it around will not to make the jeans in your life happy.
Just put a sign on it claiming it is the best, most dangerous pumpkin cake and send it to anyone who will take it off your hands!
But then, all you will be able to think about the rest of the day is pumpkin goodness, and you will end up baking another Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Cake AND an Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cobbler! It’s a vicious but real cycle, people.
More delicious Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes you may enjoy:
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Donuts – a sweet chocolate glaze and sprinkles give these soft baked donuts a fun fall flair
- Pumpkin Pecan Bread – the sweet praline glaze and pecans will have you devouring this sweet bread in a hurry
- Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes – a crunchy sugar coating makes these little donut holes so popable
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread from Shugary Sweets – this moist sweet bread has a cinnamon cream cheese frosting that makes it so good
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal from Barefeet in the Kitchen – fall flavors stirred into a hot bowl of oatmeal makes a hearty breakfast that everyone will enjoy
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Cake Recipe and Video:
For the Cake
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Filling
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons cold butter
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until soft and creamy. Add the sugars and beat again.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla and beat the mixture until mixed in.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture until everything is mixed in. Spread half of the batter in the prepared pan.
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl and use a fork to mix the butter in until it looks like crumbs. Spread 3/4 of the mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Gently spread the rest of the cake batter on top, and then sprinkle the remaining sugar crumbs on the top. Bake for 35-37 minutes. Do not over bake. Remove and let cool completely.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over the top of the cooled cake. Store in a sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 210 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 219mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 20g Protein: 3g
*This Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Cake was originally posted on August 26, 2016. It has been updated and republished August 13, 2018.