These Easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls can be made and baked in 30 minutes. A warm, gooey roll stuffed with apple goodness is a great way to start out any morning.
*This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hungry Jack®. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
The one thing that our kids ask for every week are pancakes. The problem is that I'm not a morning person; so making pancakes in the early morning can be dangerous. First of all, there is a chance that something strange might end up in the batter since my eyes are just waking up.
I might grab something like powdered sugar from the shelf instead of the pancake mix. Ok, so that has never happened, but it probably could if I tried to make breakfast before 10 am.
Finally, I have a habit of burning things since I am still sleeping while standing in the kitchen that early. The other day my daughter asked for eggs in a basket. It turns out that if you turn up the heat to get the egg to cook faster, then the buttered toast in the pan will burn.
She wasn't too happy that I burned the one side of her breakfast. I tried to hide the burned side by giving it to her with the burned side turned down. My thinking was that maybe she wouldn't notice. Yeah, she is definitely smarter than me that early in the morning.
Making pancakes the night before solves my early morning pancake dilemma. I usually make a few batches the night before and then freeze them in a single layer. As a result, it is easy for the kids to pop the frozen pancakes in the microwave or toaster in the morning for an easy breakfast.
The only times I make fresh pancakes in the morning are on the weekends. With a little extra sleep in me, I am a much better griddle master. My family enjoys waking up to the smell of pancakes for brunch, and I love spoiling them with a hot stack of fresh pancakes.
This fall I had the opportunity to work with Hungry Jack®. Since pancakes are a staple around here, I couldn't wait to create a fun new recipe with the mix.
I love how easy the batter is to make. Simply add water and mix it up. We enjoyed soft fluffy pancakes and sausages for dinner one night, but I wanted to change it up a little bit for the next day.
These easy banana nut cinnamon rolls are another breakfast treat that we like to have for weekend breakfasts. Soft dough filled with sugar and cinnamon is delicious with a hot cup of coffee.
Those easy rolls got me wondering if I could make cinnamon rolls from the extra box of Hungry Jack® pancake mix in the pantry.
It turns out, you definitely can. Soft dough can be made from pancake mix and a little bit of milk. That dough can then be kneaded and pressed out into a base that is perfect for some sugary goodness.
Here are some tips for making these easy apple cinnamon rolls.
- Sauté the apple chunks in a little bit of Hungry Jack® syrup. The syrup will caramelize the apples while they cook, so that they are soft for putting in the cinnamon rolls.
- Make soft dough from pancake mix, syrup, and milk. Knead it a few times with a little more pancake mix so that it isn't so sticky, and then gently press it out into an even rectangle. Make sure you have a thin layer of pancake mix still on your counter because the dough will stick. Trust me.
- Spread the cooked apples and sugar mixture on top of the dough. Roll up gently. If it sticks to the counter, use a butter knife to gently loosen it and push some of the loose mix underneath the roll.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the roll into 9 even rolls. I usually cut the very ends of the big roll off to even it up. Place the rolls in a buttered pan.
- Drizzle the tops of the rolls with a butter and syrup mixture and bake.
- Spread a cream cheese frosting on top of the rolls, drizzle with more syrup, and dig in with your family.
Connect more with Hungry Jack®:
*This recipe was sponsored by Hungry Jack®. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. Thank you for letting me share products and brands we use and love. See my disclosure policy for more information.*