These Eggnog Brownies have layers of gooey brownies and creamy eggnog cheesecake baked into one amazing dessert. They are the perfect holiday dessert to serve at Christmas parties or family gatherings.
Why This Recipe Works
You can't go wrong with brownies and cheesecake! And you can't have the holidays without eggnog! These eggnog brownies are a delicious combination of all three classic treats in one pan.
A packaged brownie mix keeps the crust simple. Feel free to make a double batch of our chocolate chip brownies, if you prefer homemade instead. The layers of gooey chocolate brownies and creamy eggnog cheesecake make these the perfect treat for any party or get together.
Everyone will love these delicious holiday brownies. If you are looking for a way to impress everyone at Christmas dinner, make these cheesecake brownies. A swirl of eggnog whipped cream and sprinkles makes them even fancier.
Main Ingredient Notes
You can have a pan of eggnog cheesecake brownies in your oven in no time at all. They come together quickly with just a few simple ingredients.
- Brownies - To make this dessert quick and easy, use a box brownie mix for a 9x13 pan.
- Cream Cheese - I prefer to use a block of full fat cream cheese for the best results.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - Sweetens the cheesecake filling and gives it a rich, creamy texture.
- Eggnog - A creamy full fat eggnog is going to give this cheesecake recipe the creamiest and best flavor. My favorite brand is Southern Comfort because it is thick, creamy, and delicious.
- Additional Flavoring - Adding rum extract and ground nutmeg helps to add a stronger eggnog flavor to the cheesecake layer.
How to make Eggnog Cheesecake Brownies
The layers in these cheesecake brownies are so easy to make. Just remember that the cheesecake will need time to chill after baking, so allow time for it to set up in the fridge.
- Beat softened cream cheese and eggnog in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, cornstarch, nutmeg, rum extract, and egg and mix again until smooth.
Make the brownie batter according to the package directions on the back of the box.
Assemble and Bake
- Spread the brownie batter in a greased 9x13 pan. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easier removal.
- Gently spoon the eggnog cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter, starting on the sides.
- Bake until the cheesecake is set and it pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool on a wire rack for an hour.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until completely chilled.
- Set the ingredients out ahead of time, so they mix together easily when you are ready to bake.
- Spoon the brownie batter onto the cheesecake layer very gently. It actually is best to start adding it to the outside edges first.
- Wipe the knife with a hot damp cloth after every cut to make clean and neat squares.
- Serve squares of eggnog brownies with a swirl of eggnog whipped cream and fun holiday sprinkles.
Can these brownies be made ahead of time?
Yes, these are a great dessert to make 1-2 days ahead of time because they need to be served cold.
Do you need to refrigerate these brownies?
Yes, they have a layer of cheesecake on top, so you need to store the brownies in the refrigerator.
How long will they last?
The cheesecake bars will keep for 5-6 days in the refrigerator. Although, that all depends how many people in your house like eggnog. LOL!
Other Eggnog Desserts
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for Eggnog Cheesecake Brownies was first published December 2011. The post and photos were updated and republished December 2021.