These Ghost Cookies are fun and easy to make. The best part is that they’re no bake, so you can whip them up in just a few minutes. Kids of all ages will love the fun googly eyes!!
We are so excited for the start of the spookiest month. Halloween will be here in just a few short days. Are you looking for something fun to make for your kids? If you don’t have a lot of time, this is the treat for you. These ghost cookies are so easy to make, it’s almost scary!
The best part about them is that they taste delicious too! They are great for parties or an afternoon snack. Your family will love them, and you will be the hit of the party with these cute little treats.
- They are fun, cute, and so easy to make.
- You don’t even need an oven!
- Made with store bought cookies and white chocolate.
This no bake recipe takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish and only requires three ingredients. It doesn’t get much easier than this. Plus, your kids will love helping you put the eyes on these yummy treats.
With just three ingredients, these cute little Halloween cookies will be ready in less than 15 minutes! And they taste great too! Your kids will love them, and they will love you even more when they see how cool their cookie looks staring back at them.
- Milano Cookies – This cookie shape is perfect for creating ghosts from. Use any flavor you love.
- White Chocolate Melting Wafers – We prefer to use the white Ghirardelli chocolate because it melts easily and tastes so good.
- Edible Candy Eyes – You can find these googly eyes in most grocery stores or craft stores in the baking aisle.
How to Melt Chocolate
Using a double boiler is the traditional method and will give you the best control over the heat. The steam from the simmering water creates a low heat that melts the chocolate.
- Fill a pan half full with water and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Place a glass or metal bowl that fits snugly over the pan of water. Do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water.
- Add the chocolate to the bowl and stir continually.
- When most of the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from over the water and continue to stir until the chocolate is completely melted and shiny.
If used properly, the microwave is the fastest way to melt chocolate. Use a lower power setting to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30-45 seconds at a time using 50% power.
- Stir after each session and rotate the bowl if needed; continue heating until most of the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the bowl and stir until melted and shiny.
How to make Ghost Cookies
Use a crinkle cut vegetable tool to cut off the bottom of each cookie. This is optional, but it gives the ghosts a floating look.
Melt the white chocolate and let it cool 5-10 minutes. Dip each cookie individually into the chocolate.
Lift the cookie out with a fork and tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place the cookie on a sheet of parchment paper.
Place the candy eyes on the chocolate before it sets. Repeat with all the cookies. Do not move the cookies until they are dry.
Store the ghost cookies in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
- Let the white chocolate cool before dipping the cookies. The hot melted chocolate will cause the Milano cookie filling to melt into the white chocolate causing swirls of color.
- Attach a straw or lollipop stick to the back of the chocolate covered cookies using the leftover melted chocolate.
- Use different colors of candy wafers to create fun colored ghosts. Neon green and blue ghosts would also be fun.
- Give the ghosts a pop of color by adding fun colored sprinkles to the bottom.
More No Bake Halloween Treats
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- Candy Corn Mix
- Halloween Cheesecake Parfaits
- Homemade Butterfinger
- Halloween Apple Treats
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
- 1 package Milano cookies
- 1 - 10 ounce bag white chocolate melting wafers
- edible candy eyes
- Cut the bottom of the cookies off with a wavy vegetable cutter, if desired.
- Melt the white chocolate melting wafers according to the package directions. Let it cool slightly, so the cookie filling doesn't melt into the chocolate.
- Dip the cookies. Use a fork to gently pick them up and tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove the excess chocolate.
- Place on a piece of wax paper. Add the candy eyes while the chocolate is wet. Let dry. Store in a sealed container.
*Melt any extra chocolate in your bowl to attach lollipop sticks or paper straws to the back of the dry ghosts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Ghost Cookies was first published October 2015. The post was updated and republished October 2021.