There is no trick to this fun treat. These creamy and colorful Halloween Swirled Cheesecake Bars will add a fun flair to all your fall parties.
An Oreo crust and the spooky yet sweet whipped cream ghost will have everyone smiling.
*I am partnering with Dixie Crystals to bring you this cheesecake recipe. Click HERE to see the full recipe.
Woo hoo! It’s officially googly eye season! This is my favorite time of year for baking cute treats with eyes.
Now quite honestly, I always keep a jar of these candy eyes in my sprinkle bin because I am always look for ways to use them at every holiday.
But I feel like Halloween is the best time to add eyeballs to all the treats! There is just something about food with eyes that makes me smile every single time.
A few years ago I made these fun Rainbow Vanilla Cheesecake Bars using bright spring colors.
This month I decided to change up the colors of the rainbow cheesecake and to decorate them with some googly eye ghosts.
This turned out to be one seriously fun monster mash up!
Since Halloween is just a few weeks away, I used purple, orange, and green gel colors to tint the cheesecake batter.
How to make Halloween Swirled Cheesecake Bars:
- Crush the cookies and stir in the butter. Press evenly into the pan. Bake and cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and Dixie Crystals sugar until creamy. Add the sour cream, vanilla, and extract and beat again.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Divide the batter into 3 bowls and tint with your favorite Halloween colors.
- Drop the cheesecake batter on the crust and swirl with a knife. Bake and cool.
- Beat the heavy cream and Dixie Crystals powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Pipe on top of the cooled cheesecake in a ghost shape and add candy eyes.
You can also change the colors out to match your game day parties or other themed parties like I did in these Red White and Blue Cheesecake Bars.
Recipe Tips for Swirled Cheesecake Bars:
- Leave the filling in the cookies when you crush them in a food processor. The cream filling helps hold the crumbs together along with the butter.
- Use softened cream cheese so that you do not have lumps in the batter.
- Gel food colors are best to tint the cheesecake batter because they will not add extra moisture to the batter.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the different colors together. Just don’t push the knife down all the way to the crust.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with icing tip 1A with homemade whipped cream and swirl ghosts on top of the cooled cheesecake bars. Press eyeballs into each one.
Can I make these swirled cheesecake bars ahead of time?
You sure can. That is what makes them so easy for parties. Bake them and then keep the cheesecake bars in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Cut the cheesecake into bars and decorate right before serving.
Other fun Halloween recipes you may like:
Make Your Own Monster Cookie Pops – kids of all ages will love using their imagination to create fun and spooky monster cookies.
Peanut Butter Monsters – candy eyes and purple sprinkles make these easy peanut butter candies a fun no bake treat to share at Halloween parties.
Peanut Butter Cup Spiders – chocolate covered pretzels, eyes, and sprinkles add a fun flair to these easy cookies
Coffee Cheesecake Oreo Brownies with Ghosts – brownies, Oreo cookies, and cheesecake make these brownies an amazing Halloween treat to indulge in this fall!
Chocolate Pumpkin Spider Donuts – soft fluffy donuts decorated with candy legs and edible eyes are a fun breakfast this time of year!
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
*I am sharing this recipe over at Dixie Crystals today. Click on Halloween Swirled Cheesecake Bars to see the full recipe!
*This recipe was sponsored by Dixie Crystals. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. Thank you for letting me share products and brands I use and love. See my disclosure policy for more information.*