These homemade Nutella Cream Eggs are easy to make and taste amazing. A creamy chocolate filling dipped in white chocolate with colorful sprinkles on top is a fun treat to make for Easter baskets.
Do you have one thing that you remember getting in your Easter basket every year? Every year my grandparents would get us these big peanut butter Easter eggs with our names on them. I looked forward to those eggs every year.
The other thing I remember is the 2 foot solid chocolate Easter bunny that we would get. If you are laughing because there is no such thing, go right ahead. My husband chuckles every time I talk about it. He says my bunny gets bigger every time I talk about it.
But seriously, that thing was huge. It was at least 2 feet tall! I swear we were still gnawing on it in July!!
Years ago I started making our kids these Decorated Peanut Butter Eggs with their names on them. It's their favorite thing I put in their Easter baskets.
It is such a fun tradition that I am looking forward to continuing it until they are out of college. And then one day, I'll make them for the grandkids.
Oh, my! Did I seriously just type that? Nothing like making yourself feel old.
I have been experimenting with different homemade candy eggs each year too. These Biscoff Cream Eggs were such a hit, that I had to make another version.
This year I pulled out the jar of Nutella. I had a feeling these Easter eggs were going to be absolutely delicious dipped in white chocolate.
Turns out I was right! You will want to make a batch of these creamy chocolate eggs for Easter.
How to make Chocolate Covered Nutella Eggs
One word of warning! Do not make these Nutella eggs too early. Otherwise, everyone will devour them and you will not have any to put in Easter baskets.
- Beat softened butter and Nutella in a mixing bowl until creamy. Add marshmallow cream and vanilla extract and beat again. (full recipe at bottom of post)
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the mixture into 12 even balls. Use your hands to press each ball into an egg shape.
- Place the eggs on a parchment lined tray and freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Dip each egg in melted white chocolate and place on another tray to set.
- Once the chocolate is set up, dip the ends of each egg in the remaining white chocolate and add pink sugar right away.
- Spoon the remaining white chocolate into a plastic bag and cut one corner off. Drizzle lines across the center of each egg and add other sprinkles.
These homemade chocolate Easter eggs look so cute when they are bagged and tied with a cute little ribbon and tag made from this scalloped circle punch. These die cuts make the perfect little tag for gifting little food items like this.
A little handmade tag and some cellophane bags would be a great way to share these fun no bake Easter treats with friends and family.
More easy Easter recipes
- Peanut Butter Easter Bunnies
- Easter Popcorn
- Easy Fruity Marshmallow Fudge
- Party Peeps Eclair Cake Cups
- Easy Carrot Cake Bars
*The post for Nutella Cream Eggs was first published on April 12, 2014. The post and photos were updated and republished on April 7, 2020.
**This post contains affiliate links. I receive a very small percentage of sales made from these free links if you purchase items. Thank you for letting me share products I know and love.