Oatmeal cookies get a fun twist by baking them in a pan and melting chocolate chips and marshmallows on top. These Oatmeal S’mores Bars are a quick and easy way to enjoy cookies and s’mores without a lot of work.
Earlier this week we were invited to some friend’s house for a cookout and fireworks. Yes, we were those people shooting off fireworks 4 days after the 4th 🙂 Everyone was supposed to bring a side dish. All I heard was bring a dessert. Doesn’t a dessert count as a side dish? In my head dessert counts as a side dish, main course, or appetizer. My brain is always on dessert mode. I just can’t help it.
One of the things on my list of desserts to make is an Oatmeal Creme Pie with a s’mores twist. I bought all the ingredients for these Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies, plus chocolate and marshmallows to sandwich them together. I made the cookie dough…and then I got lazy.
In order to keep with the s’mores twist that I had in my head, I dug through the cupboard and found mini marshmallows and Hershey’s chocolate chips to melt on top. While I was digging in my cupboard, I found another bag of Reese’s peanut butter cups. You know what that meant right? I mean peanut butter cup s’mores are pretty much the bomb! Of course I had to add those to the top too.
Best snap decision ever!!!
You will love how the spicy oatmeal cookie stays soft from the melted chocolate chips and gooey marshmallows on top. These are the perfect s’mores treat without all the work and smoke from a campfire.
Stay up to date on the BruCrew baking:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening, and sugars. Add the molasses, vanilla, and eggs and beat again.
- Stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and oats. Slowly add to the butter mixture.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups. Cover the chocolate with the marshmallows. Place in the oven again and bake another 4 minutes.
- Change the oven temperature to broil. Broil 1 minute.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting. Use a wet knife to cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
Want more fun S’mores recipes without a campfire?
Oreo Brownie S’mores Cups – brownie cups made with Oreo chunks and topped with a roasted marshmallow
S’mores Popcorn – chocolate covered popcorn mixed with Golden Grahams, mini marshmallows, and Hershey bar chunks
Banana S’mores Muffins – banana muffins filled with graham cracker crumbs, mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallow bits and topped with a chocolate marshmallow sugar topping
Cheesecake S’mores Danish – crescent rolls filled with a graham cracker filling and topped with marshmallow cream and chocolate cream cheese