These s'mores brownie cupcakes are the ultimate summer dessert! With a graham cracker crust and toasted marshmallow, they are irresistible. The best part? You don't even need a campfire to enjoy this tasty treat.
One of my favorite summer desserts is the classic s'mores. There is something so amazing about a toasted marshmallow, gooey chocolate, and graham crackers.
I am always looking for fun ways to enjoy these gooey s'mores without sitting around a campfire. These s'mores blondies, this s'mores poke cake, and this s'mores fudge are just a few of my favorite creations.
Summer just isn't complete without a s'mores dessert. So, I added a graham cracker crust and a toasted marshmallow to brownie cupcakes and transformed them into a s'mores masterpiece.
Why this S'mores Brownie Recipe Works
There is no reason to sit around a hot campfire this summer to get your s'mores fix. Bring the outside to your kitchen with these gooey s'mores cupcakes.
- Classic S'mores Flavor. Graham cracker crust, toasted marshmallow, and chocolate candy bars are all packed into these cupcakes.
- No Campfire Needed. You can make this entire recipe in the comfort of your kitchen. Stay cool and relaxed while the s'mores magic happens inside the oven.
- Perfect Summer Dessert. Nothing say summer like s'mores. You will get smiles from everyone when you show up at picnics and barbecues with these chocolate marshmallow treats.
Enjoy a fun spin on s'mores with this easy-to-make brownie cupcake recipe. With just a few simple ingredients you can make your very own gooey s'mores dessert.
- Graham Cracker Crust - A mixture of graham cracker crumbs and melted butter gets added to the bottom of a cupcake liner. There is no need to bake it ahead of time because it will bake with the brownie batter.
- Brownie Mix - We usually use a store bought box mix for this recipe. Look for one that is big enough to bake in a 9x13 pan.
- Oreos - You will need 18 regular sized Oreo cookies to hide in the bottom of the cupcakes. This is totally optional, but so fun to find.
- Jumbo Marshmallows - The jumbo marshmallows are the perfect size to cover the entire top of a cupcake. If you can't find them, use a few regular marshmallows or a bunch of mini marshmallows.
- Hershey Bars - You can't have a s'mores treat without chocolate bars. The snack sized bars are the perfect size to add to the top.
BruCrew Tip: If you want to skip the toasted marshmallow topping, try this marshmallow buttercream instead.
How to Make S'mores Cupcakes
These Oreo brownies cupcakes with marshmallows have everything you love about s'mores in a cupcake form. They are gooey, delicious, and the perfect summer dessert.
- Make a graham cracker crust. Stir together the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Spoon the mixture into 18 jumbo foil liners. Press the crumbs down firmly, then set an Oreo cookie on each crust.
- Bake the brownies. Mix the brownie batter together in a bowl. Spoon it evenly onto the cookie and crust. Bake for 20 minutes. While the brownies are baking cut 9 jumbo marshmallows in half. Set them aside with the sticky side facing up.
- Toast the marshmallows. Remove the brownies from the oven and change the oven temperature to broil. Press the sticky side of the marshmallows on top of the brownie cups. Place the pan back in the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add candy bars. Allow the brownies cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then gently remove them from the pan and place on a wire rack. Press a candy bar into the soft marshmallows. Cool the cupcakes completely before storing in a sealed container.
Keep the s'mores brownie cupcakes in tightly sealed container on the counter for 3-4 days.
Tips and Tricks
- Use jumbo foil liners. This larger size will hold the brownie cupcake and marshmallow topping and keep them from sticking to each other.
- Make a thicker crust. Skip the Oreos and double the graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- Watch the marshmallows carefully. Stay right by the oven while you are broiling the tops of the marshmallows. They can go from toasted to burnt in just a few seconds. You can also use a kitchen torch and control the toasting a little more.
That really depends on how full you fill the cupcake liners? For this particular brownie cupcake recipe we filled 18 jumbo liners and baked them for 20 minutes.
The easiest way to keep them from sticking is to use foil liners. These liners usually peel off very easily. If you are using regular liners, you can lightly spray them with nonstick baking spray right before adding the batter.
You can place the cupcake tin back in the oven under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, or you can use a small kitchen torch.
More S'mores Dessert Recipes
- S'mores Marshmallow Fluff Dessert
- Smores Frappuccino Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
- Easy S'mores Pie
- S'mores Popcorn
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*This post was first published on June 2011. The pictures were updated August 2019, and it was republished on June 2023.