A bowl of this sweet and salty S’mores Popcorn is a great snack to munch on while you watch tv with your family. Candy bars, marshmallows, and Golden Grahams make this chocolate covered popcorn so irresistible.
We have a rower in our garage gym that I have been reluctantly using. I say reluctantly because with all the sweets that keep pouring out of my kitchen, I need the exercise more than ever now.
I’m thinking the extra snacks are my downfall because the numbers on the scale are not moving. All this working out is only keeping me at the same weight.
My dang sweet tooth is sabotaging all my efforts to fit back into last summers shorts.
But then I walk into the pantry and see all the bags of candies and bottles of sprinkles and I get inspired to make more dessert instead.
The box of Golden Grahams and the leftover candy bars from making a batch of these S’mores Cookie Cups were what inspired this fun candy bar popcorn.
How to make S’mores Popcorn:
- Stir together popcorn, marshmallows, cereal, and candy bar chunks in a large bowl. (full recipe at bottom of post)
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Let cool a few minutes.
- Pour over popcorn mixture and stir until everything is coated.
- Dump the chocolate covered popcorn onto a tray linked with parchment and let set.
- Break apart into chunks when cool.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate. Add sprinkles and let set.
PRO TIP: Freeze the candy bar chunks before adding them to the popcorn. This will keep the candy bars from melting when the warm white chocolate touches them.
Other s’mores desserts you may like:
- Chocolate S’mores Pudding Cake
- S’mores Cheesecake Fluff Salad
- Milk Chocolate S’mores Fudge
- S’mores Sugar Cookie Bars
- S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 8 cups popped butter popcorn
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate candy bar chunks (16 snack size Hershey bars)
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 10 ounce bag white chocolate melts
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate melts
- colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, marshmallows, candy bar chunks, and cereal.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the white melting chocolate. Heat and stir every 30 seconds until melted. Pour it over the popcorn. Toss until everything is coated.
- Pour out onto a wax paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate about 5 minutes. Break into chunks.
- Place the chocolate melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 15 seconds. Stir until melted and creamy. Heat again for 15 seconds if needed.
- Drizzle over the popcorn and top with colored sprinkles. Store in a tightly sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
(original photo from June 2012)
*The post for S’mores Popcorn was first published June 22, 2012. The photos were updated August 2017, and the post was updated and republished May 19, 2020.