These soft and easy Banana S'mores Muffins are the perfect way to wake up in the morning. The fun s'mores twist to banana bread muffins makes everyone smile!
I have quite an unhealthy obsession with bananas. I can't go to the grocery store without buying a bunch of them. Sometimes two bunches.
I can't bake without them. See these Banana Nut Cinnamon Rolls. I also can't eat them once they turn yellow. (Yes, you read that right.)
It's a real dilemma, because then I have to go buy more bananas to eat. Meanwhile, the yellow bananas continue to ripen on the counter.
My husband will eat some of them, but he can't keep up with all the ones I buy. The kids don't eat them that often either.
I can only freeze so many. Currently, there are 2 (soon to be 3) very large Ziplock bags full of frozen banana chunks in our freezer. It's time to make more of this Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream.
And what did I do today? I bought more bananas at the store just because they were on sale. Clearly, I have some problems.
It's a very good thing that I bake a lot. And that I like to bake using a lot of bananas. I'm seeing more Banana Toffee Scones in our near future.
Breakfast muffins are always a hit around here because you can grab and go with them, so I knew I could use up some of those ripe bananas that way today.
These easy banana muffins got a healthy dose of s'mores goodness added to them. Graham cracker crumbs in a chocolate chip and marshmallow studded batter made these banana muffins an instant family favorite.
How to make Banana S'mores Muffins:
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Then add the egg, vanilla, banana, and sour cream and mix again.
- Stir together the dry ingredients. Slowly add the milk and dry ingredients to the butter mixture until everything is mixed in. Do not over mix the batter.
- Stir the mini chocolate chips and marshmallow bits gently.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners. Top each one with a few mini chips and marshmallow bits before baking.
- Let the muffins cool on a wire rack before placing them in a sealed container.
Our youngest and pickiest child couldn't stop eating these easy banana bread muffins. Clearly, that is a sign that I should go buy more bananas, just so I can make more of these Banana S'mores Muffins because he never eats anything I make!
I mean, that's the only logical thing to do, right?
More easy banana breakfast recipes you may like:
- Sour Cream Banana Donuts
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Banana Caramel Coffee Cake
- Chocolate Chip Banana Streusel Baked Oatmeal
- Banana Pancakes
(original photo from August 2012)
*The post for these Banana S'mores Muffins was first published on August 31, 2012. The photos were updated May 2016, and it was republished August 8, 2019.