Layers of Chocolate and Berry Oreos and a no bake banana cheesecake makes this Oreo Banana Split Ice Box Cake an impressive dessert to cut in to.
You would think that after a week of Banana Split everything, I would want to take a break from that flavor combo for a while. But no, I had one more fun dessert swirling in my head that I couldn’t wait to make.
I had one pack of the Berry Oreos and the Chocolate Oreos that I managed to keep hidden from the cookie monster that lives with us. This cookie monster just looks like a normal hungry teen boy…but I’m on to him.
Ever since I made this Berry Oreo Ice Box Cake, I have been dying to make another one. Something about cutting into it and seeing the layers just makes me so happy. And it is seriously the easiest cake to make!!! You wouldn’t be too surprised if I told you I had another fun flavor combo that needs to be made yet, would you? I’m pretty sure you kind of expect crazy random desserts like this by now. At least I sure hope you do.
For the layers in this no bake dessert, I started with a no bake cheesecake. Cream cheese, ripe bananas, Cool Whip, and little bit of sugar makes a delicious no bake cheesecake. You could totally eat it all by itself, but seriously, add the Oreos because it is amazing.
The cookies get a quick dip in milk before getting layered with the cheesecake mixture. Make sure you don’t soak them very long. We want soft, not soggy cookies. That 1/4 cup of milk should be just enough for 32 cookies to take a quick skinny dip in. Layer the cookies and the cheesecake, and then top everything with the leftover Cool Whip. #yesIdoloveCoolWhip
You could eat it right away, but I recommend giving this Oreo banana split ice box cake a few hours in the refrigerator to set up completely. Then carefully cut slices out of it and drizzle them with chocolate syrup, if you like. I totally recommend the syrup, but then again I am the sugar crazed baker around here. You do what feels best to you!
PIN IT NOW TO SAVE THE RECIPE FOR LATER!
- 1( 8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup smashed bananas (2 medium ripe ones)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 16 Chocolate Cream Oreos
- 16 Berry Oreos
- 1/4 cup milk
- chocolate syrup
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the banana and beat again. Fold in 2 cups Cool Whip.
- Dip the Chocolate Cream Oreos in the milk quickly. Place on the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish.
- Cover the Oreos with half of the banana cheesecake.
- Dip the Berry Oreos in the rest of the milk and layer on top of the banana cheesecake.
- Spread the remaining banana cheesecake on top. Cover with the 2 cups of Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate a few hours to set up. Cut into 12 squares and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Store covered in the refrigerator.
*Add cherries with stems on top of each slice before serving, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
Here are a few more fun desserts to use up any Oreo cookies that might be lurking in your cupboards: