This time of year starts to get a little busy. With shopping, decorating the house, making and sending cards, going to programs, and spending time with family, I am not sure how I will get all my baking and treats finished. And this girl, needs her sugar treats. Well, I guess I don’t need them, but I sure am much happier when I have them.
And when I am running around like a crazy woman trying to finish all my holiday projects, at least I can be full of sugar and happy.
One treat that makes me happy to make each year for friends and family is chocolate covered popcorn. It is an easy treat that takes about 30 minutes. You can add just about any thing to it for a new version every time. My favorite thing to do is chop up candy bars and mix it in with the chocolate covered popcorn. This time I decided to add some Planters® Peanut Butter to my white melting chocolate. Hello, Peanut Butter Candy Bar Popcorn goodness!
Peanut butter, candy bars, and sprinkles makes this a popcorn you will not want to stop munching on. I suggest bagging it up right away. One bite and you will have second thoughts on giving it away as a gift.
Another thing that makes me happy at this time of year is saving money. Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons for select products at Target. I was able to print a coupon to save $1 off my jar of Planters® Peanut Butter. Saving money on grocery items means I have more money to buy a few more gifts.
Finishing up my gift list and making more popcorn are both on my “to do” list for this week. I’m thinking another peanut butter version needs to happen. It will be a good reward for finishing all that shopping.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups chopped candy bars (I used Twix Bars)
- 12 ounces white melting chocolate (CandiQuik)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (Planters)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the popcorn and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl. Melt the melting chocolate according to the package directions. When it is all melted and smooth, stir in the peanut butter. When it is creamy, pour over the popcorn and marshmallows. Toss until completely coated.
- Stir in the candy bar chunks. Pour onto the prepared pan and top with sprinkles while still wet. Let set. Store in a tightly sealed container. Makes about 10 cups.
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.