Why settle for original rice krispie treats when you can pumpkin spice things up. These quick and easy Pumpkin Spice Latte Rice Krispie Treats will take your no bake treats to a whole new level this fall.
Have you noticed that by the middle of September, everything has been turned into pumpkin spice treats. Coffee, pancakes, cheesecake, hot chocolate, and marshmallows are all things I have seen in stores that have pumpkin spice added to them.
Those pumpkin spice marshmallows are the perfect addition to a steamy mug of coffee. At least that's one of my favorite ways to enjoy them. That combo is what inspired these pumpkin spice rice krispie treats.
I love making rice krispie treats, so I'm always looking for fun and creative ways to enjoy them every season. These no bake pumpkin spice treats are a great dessert for parties or snacks this fall.
They have the perfect blend of pumpkin spices and coffee in every square. Plus, the layer of white chocolate on top makes them taste even better and gives them "foam" just like a pumpkin latte. They really are the perfect pick me up on a cool fall day.
Grab these simple ingredients from your pantry and the grocery store to make these fun coffee inspired pumpkin spice treats.
- Butter - We like to use unsalted butter in our baking, so we can control the amount of salt in things. Regular butter works just fine in this recipe too.
- Instant Coffee Granules - It needs to be instant, so it dissolves into the melted butter and marshmallows. Do not try to add coffee grounds to this recipe.
- Pumpkin Marshmallows - These seasonal marshmallows are only available during the fall months. Can't find them? Use regular marshmallows, extra pumpkin spice, and a drop of orange/brown food coloring.
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- White Chocolate Chips - Adding a little bit of shortening will help the chips melt down creamy to create the "foam" topping.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - A sprinkle on top adds flavor and color. Use store bought or a homemade pumpkin spice.
How to make Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
This simple rice krispie treat recipe can be made in minutes. Add the layer of white chocolate for a fun latte look.
Step One: Melt butter.
- Place the butter in a large pot over low heat.
- Once it is melted, stir in the instant coffee. It will thicken and seize a little. That's normal. Just keep stirring.
- Add the pumpkin marshmallows and continue to stir until they melt. The coffee will dissolve even more as the marshmallows melt down.
Step Two: Add cereal.
- Once the butter and marshmallows have melted, stir in the rice krispies cereal.
- Keep stirring until everything has been coated.
Step Three: Assemble.
- Spoon the hot mixture into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed lightly with nonstick baking spray.
- Press the mixture down evenly using a piece of parchment paper. Let cool completely.
Step Four: Decorate.
- Melt the white chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave at 50% power.
- Stir until melted and creamy.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the cooled pumpkin rice krispie treats.
- Sprinkle a little bit of pumpkin spice on top
Tips and Tricks
- Use a fresh bag of marshmallows for best results.
- Press the rice krispie treat mixture very lightly. Pressing hard will cause the treats to be hard and crunchy.
- Use a sheet of parchment paper to keep your hands from getting sticky.
- Want thicker treats? Press the mixture into an 8x8 pan and use less chocolate on top.
Keep in a tightly sealed container at room temperature to keep the rice krispie treats from drying out.
Can I leave out the coffee?
Yes, you can leave that ingredient out and just enjoy pumpkin spice rice krispie treats.
What if I can't find the pumpkin marshmallows?
Use a 10 ounce bag of regular mini marshmallows, ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice, and 5 cups cereal. A little bit of brown or orange food coloring will give them a darker color.
Can you make these treats with other cereals?
Yes, this recipe works with Cheerios, Chex, and chocolate Rice Krispies. Use Golden Grahams with the pumpkin marshmallows to make these s'mores krispie treats.
What is the best way to cut rice krispie treats?
Let the treats cool completely. Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to firmly cut the treats into squares. You can also use cookie cutters that have been sprayed with nonstick baking spray to make fun shapes for parties.
Why are my rice crispy treats hard?
Melting ingredients over high heat will produce rock hard treats. Also pressing the mixture down too firmly will make them hard.
More Pumpkin Spice Desserts
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for Pumpkin Spice Latte Rice Krispie Treats was first published October 2013. The post was updated and republished September 2021.