Add these easy Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookie Bars to your fall baking plans. The sweet pumpkin bar recipe with marshmallow frosting has delicious fall twist that is perfect for cool days.
If you have been reading or following me for a while, you know that I would much rather make sugar cookie bars instead of rolling and cutting out dough with cookie cutters.
It's all about working smarter, not harder, right?
Over the years I have done quite a few variations on different sugar cookie bars. Each time they have a fun flavor twist or new frosting idea to change them up.
As I looked over this list, I couldn't believe that I had never done pumpkin sugar cookie bars. I usually just make these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies when I need a pumpkin cookie fix.
I couldn't wait to get in the kitchen and create a fun pumpkin cookie bar. I mean this is the time of year when we have to pumpkin all the things, right?
I changed up the cookie recipe just slightly to accommodate the pumpkin, and then added all the spices to give it that fall flair.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookie Bars:
- Beat softened butter and sugars until creamy. (full recipe at bottom)
- Add the egg and pumpkin puree and beat again.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and slowly mix into the pumpkin butter mixture.
- Spread the batter in the bottom of a greased pan and bake. Remove and cool completely.
- Add a layer of creamy Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting to the top of the cooled pumpkin bars.
PRO TIP: Fall colored sprinkles add the perfect finishing touch to these soft pumpkin sugar cookie bars!
Other pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
- M&M Pumpkin Pudding Cookies
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins - Starbucks Copycat
- Pumpkin Crunch Cobbler
- Homemade Pumpkin Butter
*The post for Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookie Bars was first published on September 26, 2016. The post has been updated and republished November 14, 2020.